Private Half-Day Tour to Islamic Sights in Cairo
Get to the heart of Islamic Cairo and return to the time of the warrior sultan Saladin on this private half-day tour with historian guide. Wander the medieval Citadel of Saladin, explore the 14th-century Sultan Hassan Mosque, and admire the Al-Rifa'i Mosque, the resting place of many of Egypt's royal family.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned modern car
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Your private historian guide will collect you from your Cairo hotel in air-conditioned comfort at 8-8:30am to begin your half-day tour of Islamic Cairo: the exact duration will depend upon your interests. Your first stop will be the fortified Citadel of Saladin, the walled city built by the great warrior sultan to defend against 12th-century Crusaders: three of its grand medieval gates are still preserved, and it remains the heart of UNESCO-listed Old Cairo.
Just a short stroll from the Citadel are two classic Egyptian mosques. The Sultan Hassan Mosque, built in the fourteenth century, is one of the largest historic mosques in the world: admire its towering walls and slender minaret. The ornate interior incorporates four separate madrasas. Facing it is the Al-Rifa'i Mosque, built during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries as a conscious homage to medieval Islamic design, especially the Mamluk period: among Egyptian royalty buried on the site is King Farouk, the last king of Egypt.
Once the tour is complete, you'll return to your hotel by air-conditioned vehicle in time for lunch.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotels in CairoDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Please note: pickup reconfirmation is required upon booking, please refer to voucher for further details
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.