Private Half-Day Tour to Karajia
During the morning you will travel through the Chachapoyas forest for about an hour in direction of the Sarcophagi of Karajía. These sarcophagi are elaborate two-meter high clay sculptures that rest on the edge of a rocky cliff of limestone, looking towards the abyss. The visit to the place will last approximately 40 minutes after which you will head back to Chachapoyas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Entrance to Karajia
- Entry/Admission - Sarcofagos de Karajia
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sarcofagos de Karajia, Luya, Chachapoyas Peru
The Sarcófagos de Karajía are very representative examples of the Chachapoya funeral tradition. These human-shaped tombs are located on high rocks, at 2,400 meters. These burials were located in places with difficult access, such as caves, cliffs and steep slopes.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Chachapoyas downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb) or Gocta lodge. If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips, souvenirs and for horseback riding service, if you require it.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.