Private Half-Day Trip to Versailles from Paris
You don’t just see the iconic Versailles on this private half-day tour: you’ll be immersed in the history of the Sun King’s palace. Upon pickup from your designated location in Paris, enjoy a totally private tour accompanied by both a chauffeur and your private guide. On the way to Versailles, you will have the chance to get to know your guide so that they can tailor the visit to your interests for a truly personal experience of Versailles. Expect all your guide’s attention from the front passenger seat as a chauffeur takes you on a short, safe drive to the palace in the comforts of a Mercedes vehicle.
At the Palace of Versailles, you’ll skip the queues and go straight in, where your guide recreates the lives of those who once lived there as you pass through Louis XV’s Council Chamber, Louis XIV’s Bedchamber, the Bull’s Eye Antechamber, and the famous Hall of Mirrors, among others rooms. On this tour, enjoy complimentary macarons, a favorite treat of Marie Antoinette.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 5-hour tour with round-trip transport by luxury vehicle with chauffeur
- Skip-the-line tickets to this UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Box of macarons, a treat appreciated by Marie Antoinette
- Specialized history of the French Monarchy from an expert guide
- Hidden gems in the Versailles Gardens
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Chapel
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Versailles Gardens and French Cloister
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Royal Chapel, Inside the Chateau Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Your first stop is inside the Royal Chapel, completed in 1710 at the end of Louis XIV’s reign. Here your guide will divulge the traditions, music, and ceremonies that took place inside the chapel. Inside, you will also receive a lesson on the Absolute Monarchy: the belief that the King was elected by God. Pay attention to the Gothic-inspired features, as well as the more traditional architectural style of European palatine chapels.
Highlights include the vaulted ceilings, an organ designed by Clicquot, and stained glass.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Next your private guide will bring history to life as you admire the the must-see Hall of Mirrors, the War Room, the Peace Room, Louis XV’s Council Chamber, Louis XIV’s Bedchamber, and the Bull’s Eye Antechamber.
In the State Apartments, you'll hear more about how King Louis loved a good reason to entertain, and get to know the purposes of the seven rooms.
The stories come alive as you pass billiard rooms, ballrooms, and lavish areas like the Apollo Salon, where Louis XIV would host concerts and receptions — the grand throne room is a true symbol of the decadence of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You'll also have the chance to see the Queen's Apartments, specifically the Queen's Bedchamber, originally inhabited by Louis XIV's first wife, Queen Maria Theresa.
Throughout this part of the tour, your guide shares more on royal etiquette. Expect to learn surprising rules that controlled every aspect of the life of the royal family and court, day and night.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Versailles Gardens and French Cloister, Paradise Island Dr. One & Only Ocean Club New Providence Island
Finally, you’ll end your visit with some fresh air in the ornate gardens of Versailles. The 173-acre (70-hectare) grounds are vast, and unsurprisingly, it is easy to get lost in the labyrinth of lush garden delights, packed with hidden treasures that your guide points out as you stroll along the well-maintained paths.
When the gardens were designed, each grove, fountain and statue was designed using Roman mythology. During your visit, you will also see the orangery (orangerie), filled with some 2,000 amazing orange trees from Spain, Portugal, and Italy.
Before heading back to Paris, indulge in macarons fit for French royalty. The box is a complimentary treat to finish off the day.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your expert guide and your driver in your hotel reception for a day exploring Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette's famed palace, which is today a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Travelers are required to provide the address of the hotel/apartment for the pick up.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Your safety and well-being is important to us. We strive to create a clean and safe experience for our guests, and ensure that the included information is up-to-date and practiced regularly on all our tours and experiences.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.