Private Hanoi Sightseeing with Electric Car Tour in the Old Quarter
Ride an electric car around the Old Quarter of Hanoi to complete your private sightseeing tour in the morning or afternoon. A knowledgeable private guide takes you to top landmarks in Hanoi, Vietnam’s center of culture, politics and trade. Visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex and One Pillar Pagoda (morning) or the Museum of History and Ngoc Son Temple (afternoon). Finish your half-day tour with a traditional meal of beef noodles (pho bo) or a water puppet show, depending on your selection.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Hanoi-style beef noodles (if option selected)
- Water puppet show (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- During your visit to Hanoi, one of Southeast Asia’s most attractive cities, you’ll intermingle with the local people on this private tour with a knowledgeable guide. After hotel pickup in the morning or afternoon (depending on which option you select), travel by private vehicle to see all the highlights. (See full descriptions below.)
Each half-day sightseeing tour includes a 40-minute tour by electric car around the Old Quarter of Hanoi, where you'll experience the exciting daily life found in the capital city. Then, depending on your selection, head to Thang Long Water Puppet Theater for an enchanting show, and watch water puppets come to life with traditional legends and historical tales. Or choose a Hanoi-style meal and slurp down a bowl of delicious pho bo (beef noodles) before drop-off at your hotel.
Morning TourVisit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex, where the preserved body of Ho Chi Minh—founder of unified Vietnam—lies memorialized in a glass case for public viewing. Located to the west of the Old Quarter, the austere and impressive monuments loom over botanical gardens and pagodas. Near the mausoleum, one of the nation’s most revered sites, you’ll find the Ho Chi Minh Museum, dedicated to the life and work of ‘Uncle Ho,’ as he is affectionately known in Vietnam.
Continue to One Pillar Pagoda. a historical Buddhist temple, considered one of Vietnam's most iconic. Then, head to the 11th-century Temple of Literature, one of several temples in Vietnam that are dedicated to Confucius, sages and scholars.
Afternoon TourStart your private tour at the Museum of History, which showcases Vietnam's history with large displays covering every period. Admire the building completed in 1932, considered a successful blend of French colonial and traditional Vietnamese architecture.
After your museum visit, drive to Hoan Kiem Lake (Lake of the Restored Sword or Sword Lake), situated inside a complex that includes Pen Tower and Ngoc Son Temple, which stands on an island in the picturesque lake. Admire the Vietnamese-style Huc Bridge (Rising Sun Bridge) before continuing to Ma May ancient house, considered an excellent example of an ancient Hanoian home in the Old Quarter.
Departure Point :Your Hanoi hotel
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Morning and afternoon departures available
- Please be advised that Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum is closed every afternoon during the week and all day on Monday and Friday. The mausoleum is also closed from early October to early December for annual maintenance. Most museums are also closed on Monday. Alternatives will be arranged to accommodate for any closures
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.