Private Herculaneum Guided Tour with an Archeologist
Explore ruins of Herculaneum, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the world's most preserved ancient cities.
Herculaneum was buried under volcanic material after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD but, unlike the nearby site of Pompeii, a lot of the town was preserved: roofs, beds, doors, food, and even skeletons. Walk the cobbled streets of this UNESCO World Heritage Site with an archaeologist and get a glimpse of what life was like before the devastating eruption. Explore intact buildings at your own pace, see well-preserved frescoes, and imagine the daily rituals of those using the shops, public gymnasium and public thermal baths that can still be seen today.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour by a professional Archaeologist Tourist Guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
Start the tour from 'the end' of this ancient town: from the seaside.
See the place where the bones of ancient inhabitants of Herculaneum still exist.
Marvel at artifacts that have kept their original form for almost 2000 years.
Visit the Holy terrace.
Stroll through the main road with ancient shops, well-preserved houses, Roman Palestra, Decumano, and thermal bath or Roman spa.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Parco Archeologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.