Private Horseback Riding Tour in Sicilian Countryside + Lunch at Etna Farmhouse
Admire the incredible beauty of unspoilt nature of Sicilian countryside visiting a family run ancient farmhouse producing wine, dairy, meat, fruits and vegetables. The tour is private – only your party, and includes pick-up and drop-off by comfortable air-conditioned car at your accommodation/port in Taormina area.
At the farmhouse, see picturesque vineyards, oranges, lemons and olive plantations, as well as many animals – sheep, cows, goats, deer, peacocks, wild boar, chickens, geese, and horses. After a safety briefing and practicing in the riding arena, take a 1-hour horseback tour exploring the fascinating flora and fauna of Alcantara Natural Park with a professional guide. The tour is suitable for all ages and skill levels.
After the horseback riding tour, have traditional lunch at the farmhouse. Taste locally produced cheeses, salami, prosciutto, traditional relish caponata, parmigiana, olives, mushrooms, vegetables, olive oil and home-made bread with Etna wines.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour only for your party - nobody else, to ensure the highest standards for our guests
- Private English speaking guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in Taormina area
- Round-trip private transfer
- Professional horseback riding guide
- Alcantara National Park 1-hour horseback riding tour
- Guided tour of an ancient farmhouse in Sicilian countryside
- Traditional Sicilian lunch (locally produced cheeses, salami, prosciutto, traditional Sicilian relish caponata and parmigiana, olives, mushrooms, vegetables, domestic olive oil and home-made bread)
- Red and White Etna wines
- Bottled water, snacks
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Porta Messina
What's excluded :
- Step off the beaten path of standard Sicilian tours visiting an ancient farmhouse in Sicilian countryside. Your personal friendly English speaking guide will pick you up at your accommodation or port in Taormina or nearby towns, and in relax will chauffeurs you to Etna slope while you admire the scenery of the Sicilian countryside, Mediterranean Sea and mountains, as well as hardened Etna lava flows. This tour is private -- only for your party, nobody else, to ensure the highest standards for our guests.
After 40 minutes ride you will arrive at a family run old milestone of 1800 year farmhouse producing wines, dairy, meat, fruits and vegetables. Here you will take a guided tour of the farmhouse, admire picturesque vineyards, oranges, lemons and olive plantations, and see many animals - sheep, cows, goats, deer, peacocks, wild boar, chickens, geese. Then you will arrive at the stables and listen to a safety briefing before selecting your horse. Practice in the riding arena until you feel comfortable with your horse and learn basic commands that ensure control and confidence. Then start your 1-hour horseback riding tour through the gorgeous greenery of one of the most majestic parks of Sicily – Alcantara Natural Park, with your experienced professional guide. Depending on your ability, trot, canter or gallop through the captivating countryside as your guide explains about local flora and fauna.
After the horseback riding tour, feed your horse, and revitalize with a delicious and hearty traditional lunch at the farmhouse. Taste all locally produced fresh food – cheeses, salami, prosciutto, traditional Sicilian relish caponata and parmigiana, olives, mushrooms, vegetables, domestic olive oil and home-made bread with Etna red and white wines. Revitalized, return to your car and relax during the smooth journey back to your accommodation or port.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will pick you up at your hotel, port or train station in Taormina, Giardini Naxos, Letojanni or nearby.Ports
- Taormina port
- Giardini Naxos port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/21/2018 - 1/21/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have private tours, only for your party, however at the beginning of the excursion we will give each guest a mask, protective gloves and hand sanitizer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.