Private Huangyaguan Great Wall Tour from Beijing
Uncover the ancient mysteries of China’s Great Wall on a full-day small-group hiking tour from Beijing. Accompanied by an expert guide, trace the compelling curve of the wall. Revitalize with an authentic Chinese meal cooked by local farmers and receive a certificate of completion to immortalize your achievement. Enjoy personalized attention from your guide on this small-group tour.
* Embark on a moderate 3-hour hike along the Great Wall.
* Relax over a home-cooked lunch and chat with local farmers.
* Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guide service and private transfers
- Chinese lunch in local restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Great Wall at Huangya Pass (Huangyaguan Changcheng)
What's excluded :
- Tips for guide and driver
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Wall at Huangya Pass (Huangyaguan Changcheng), Jixian County, Tianjin China
Meet your expert guide at your hotel at 8 am and travel through the bustling streets by private, climate-controlled vehicle toward the Huangyaguan Great Wall (2.5-3 hrs).
Huangyaguan Great Wall was first built during the Northern Qi Dynasty (6th century) and repaired extensively during the Ming Dynasty (14th century). However, most of this part of the wall has collapsed due to lack of renovation. Starting from 1984, people spent three years repairing 3,308 yards (3,025 meters) of the wall and 20 watchtowers. Because the cliff rocks to the east of the pass are mostly yellow and they look gilded at sunset, this section got its name Huangyaguan (Yellow Cliff Pass).
Surrounded by rugged mountains, Huangya Pass is one of the most critical passes with barbicans, turrets, emplacements, barracks and other indispensable military facilities orderly arranged. Within the pass, more than 40 crisscrossing streets form the shape of the Eight Diagrams, which gives the pass a nickname, Eight Diagram Fortification City. In the center of the Eight Diagram Street block is the Great Wall Museum, which used to be the Dispatcher's Office in the Ming Dynasty. Here, you can have a look at the weapons and daily necessities used by soldiers of the Ming Dynasty. Besides the constructional sites, you can also feel the cultural atmosphere by viewing poems inscribed in the Stele Forests and couplets carved on the bamboo strips in the Couplet Hall.
On arrival, we will hike along the steeply stepped battlements, absorbing the spectacular views over the mountains and watchtowers disappearing into the distance. We will spend 3 hours hike this section.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our guide will be waiting for you at 08:00 am in your hotel lobby.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.