Private Imperial Residences Day Trip to Peterhof and Catherine Palace by Car
Discover Catherine Palace and its famous Amber Room, located in Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin). Tour the Catherine Palace, a magnificent example of rococo architecture, and the beautifully manicured palace gardens. Marvel at the Grand Palace, Lower & Upper gardens and amazing fountains of Peterhof. Tour the lush chambers inside the Grand Palace. Stroll the gardens and delight at the lavish fountains. Enjoy a 7-hour guided private tour where you will see opulent architecture and elegant rooms.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance tickets to the museums
- Professional licensed private guide
- Transportation by private comfortable business-class vehicle
- Professional driver
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Catherine Palace and Park
- Entry/Admission - Grand Peterhof Palace
- Entry/Admission - Park And Gardens of Peterhof
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catherine Palace and Park, Sadovaya St., 7 Tsarskoye Selo, Pushkin, St. Petersburg 196601 Russia
Your private 7-hour tour begins with a pickup from the lobby of your St. Petersburg hotel. A private guide will accompany you for the full duration of your explorations, and you will be provided with complimentary city maps, bottles of water, rain coats (in case of rain), and farewell gifts.
Settle inside your private, air-conditioned vehicle and travel 15 miles (24 kilometers) south of the city to the town of Pushkin, also known as Tsarskoye Selo, which means ‘royal village’ in Russian.
On arrival, visit the magnificent baroque Catherine Palace, a grand residence presented as a gift to Russia’s Empress Catherine I by her husband, Peter the Great, in 1708. Take photos of the richly decorative architecture and learn about the Romanov tsars who resided here, granting audiences and holding lavish gala balls and masquerades.
Admire the interior of the famous Amber Room, a stunning chamber covered in more than 180 square feet (55 square meters) of amber panels backed with gold leaf. Hear about the recent reconstruction of this room, once considered the ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’ for its outstanding beauty.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Tsarskoye Selo State Museum Preserve, Sadovaya St., 7, Pushkin, St. Petersburg 196601 Russia
After your 1.5-2 hour palace tour, including the surrounding 18th- and 19th-century landscaped gardens, grab some lunch on the go (own expense) and continue for an afternoon at another of Russia’s famous royal residences.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Grand Peterhof Palace, Razvodnaya St., 2, Peterhof, St. Petersburg 198516 Russia
Take a 2-hour tour of the spectacular imperial estate of Peterhof, a luxurious palace and garden complex located on the shores of the River Neva on the fringes of St. Petersburg.
Explore the elaborate interiors of the Grand Palace, a grand residence set on a high ridge overlooking the vast Lower Park.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Park And Gardens of Peterhof, Razvodnaya st., 2, Peterhof, St. Petersburg Russia
Graced with the world’s largest fountain system — composed of more than 140 fountains, including three major cascades — this park has been dubbed the ‘Russian Versailles.’
Admire the Grand Cascade, with its impressive golden statue of Samson grasping the jaws of the lion, along with designs featuring a chessboard and Chinese dragons. Plus, in the Upper Garden, view the fountain that depicts Neptune, the God of the Sea.
Your tour then finishes with transport back to your hotel.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.Airports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you want to start this tour at a preferred time, please mention this while making your reservation. It is not guaranteed that such request may be realized.
- Please note: the fountains in Peterhof are not working from October until the beginning of May
- The sequence of visiting of sights may change
- The itinerary described is sample only. The order of museum visits (park and palace) may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museum's days-off, traffic situation in the city. Catherine Palace also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice. Supplier will rearrange the itinerary accordingly so that all venues can be visited.
- Usual duration of each visit: Catherine Palace and Park- 1.5-2 hour, Peterhof Palace and Park - 2-hours
- Lunch time is not planned on this tour but usually it is possible to have 20-minutes to grab something on-the-go
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes. It is possible that there will be a line of people entering the museum at the same time.
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair passengers, and if a person with a wheelchair decides to participate he/she must have a personal helper to assist in boarding/disembarking the vehicle, and entering the restrooms and restaurant, and all sites. At certain locations a wheelchair person may not be able to exit the bus, and may have to stay inside the bus.
- This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour may include a wait in "skip-the-line" line before visiting the palaces because all tour agencies use the same type of skip-the-line tickets (vouchers) and this creates lines.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.