Private Jewish Heritage Walking Tour in Dubrovnik with Local Expert
Unwind the mysterious secrets of Dubrovnik’s extremely rich Jewish heritage on an informative and interesting private 2-hour walking tour and learn a whole new side to the UNESCO-listed magical Old Town. Get an insight into the turbulent history of Dubrovnik’s Jewish population as you tour through famous landmarks like the grand Jewish fountain, the historic remains of the old Jewish ghetto, and one of Europe’s most ancient synagogues. Eventually, discover more about the marvels of Jewish life in the 16th century by the oppression of the horrendous World War 2 and visit the Jewish Museum.
● 2-hour walking tour of the Jewish heritage
● Investigate Dubrovnik’s UNESCO-listed Old Town with a specialist guide
● Visit Europe’s most pristine synagogue and roam the streets of the previous Jewish ghetto
● Uncover the history of the Jewish community at the Jewish Museum
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Friendly local guide
- Must see and off the beaten path
- Iconic places for photoshoot
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Customizable itinerary
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Synagogue
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
The unforgettable adventure starts off with a 1-hour walk through the magnificent synagogue. Your guide will tell you all the captivating stories and forgotten legends that will definitely keep you up at night. You’ll have a chance to visit the only museum in Croatia - the Jewish Museum! Full of history to tell, the Jewish Museum will not let you down.
Then, you’ll take an informative walk through the city of Old Town itself. Full of Jewish history and culture, your expert guide will show you the city through the eye of the Jews, where you’ll find traces of those, who lived in this city since 1324!
This tour will give a totally different perspective on the culture and religion of the Jews and show you Dubrovnik in a way you’ve never seen before!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Synagogue, Zhudioska 5, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
The most antiquated Sephardi synagogue in Europe. The Jewish Museum has occupied the first floor of the synagogue and is the only existing one in Croatia.
Located in one of the many small streets of the Old Town of Dubrovnik, it is connected to a neighboring building that has been owned by the Tolentino family, who have been caretakers of the marvelous synagogue for centuries. The Old Synagogue is the oldest Sefardic synagogue still in use today in the world and only the second oldest synagogue in Europe. It was established in 1352 but gained legal status in the city 56 years later in 1408. The synagogue is owned by the local Jewish community and the main floor still functions as a place of worship but is now mainly a
city museum that hosts numerous ancient Jewish ritual items and centuries-old artifacts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Old Town, Dubrovnik Croatia
Trek over the ancient city and spot marks of Jews who lived in this country since the very beginning! Learn all about their culture with your professional guide.
A large amount of Dubrovnik’s trade was with Mediterranean cities, all of the locations of thriving Jewish communities. Jews were tolerated as itinerant traders in Dubrovnik from 1352. With the expulsion of the Jews from Spain in 1492, some came and settled in Dubrovnik.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Brsalje ul. 1, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.