Private Kakani Day Hike from Kathmandu
On this private hiking tour from Kathmandu, spend a day in Kakani, the best hiking point from Kathmandu with beautiful views of the Himalayas. Kakani lies on a ridge northwest of the Kathmandu valley at an elevation of 2073 meters (6,800 feet) above the sea level. It has magnificent views of Ganesh Himal, the central Himalayas and the western Himalayas. Also, visit the Thai Memorial park that commemorates the victims of 311 Thai Airways crash in 1992.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hiking guide
- Private vehicle
- Lunch at a tourist resort or local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Kakani Memorial Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kakani Memorial Park, Kakani 44900, Nepal
Kakani is a hill station on the northern side of Kathmandu. It is in Nuwakot district, 29km (18 miles) away from Kathmandu and is accessible by road. The drive takes just 1.5 hours. This place is famous for its breathtaking scenery and there is a lot of potential for day hiking. The tranquility of the surroundings give you immense pleasure and the Himalayan mountains like Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, Ganesh, Langtang, Manaslu and Gaurishankar can be viewed from there.
After breakfast, the tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and take you on a 1-hour drive to Kakani. The drive itself is interesting as you get to pass numerous villages along the road. The scenery on the way is magnificent. But the true beauty is saved for the moment you arrive in Kakani, the whole vista just opens up on the north side as you get out of the vehicle.
On reaching, you will start the hike to Bhanjyang, which is about 3-hours long, including a 20-minute steep climb until you reach the top. It's an interesting hike through oak, rhododendron and pine forests. You will reach the Kakani hilltop where you can enjoy a breathtaking view of high snow-capped mountains with natural beauty. You will also visit the Thai Memorial park and village, where you can closely observe the daily lifestyle of the Tamang ethnic group.
Afterwards you will be back to Kakani Bazaar and then drive back to Kathmandu to your hotel.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Hiking level: easy to moderate
- Highest point (summit): 2073m (6,800 feet)
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please bring drinking water, a camera, a sun hat, sunscreen and binoculars
- We offer pickup and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city. Please provide us the name of Hotel.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.