Private Karlstejn castle tour from Prague with Bohemia Glass Factory and Lunch
Enjoy scenic Czech countryside with Karlstejn castle and visit traditional Bohemia Crystal Glass Factory on a private day trip with professional local licensed guide. The trip includes tasty Bohemian lunch. The land of Czechia offers more than 1000 castles and chateaus. If you have to pick only one to visit, Karlstejn castle is the one. The role of this medieval castle (14th century) exceeded any other in the country - it was designed as a place to store the crown jewels, royal treasures and collections of holy relics. Today the castle has become the jewel itself (joining a group for tour of interiors). Visit also glassworks with know-how being passed from generation to generation in one family for 300 years. It is 30 min drive from the castle. Learn about history of Bohemia crystal and see master glass blowers at their work on a tour of the glassworks (joining a group).
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private licensed local guide-driver
- Lunch - Tasty Czech traditional lunch away from tourist traps
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Castle tour admission (1h tour: 13 EUR; 1,5h exclusive tour: 30 EUR - reservation required)
- Czech Glassworks tour admission (5 EUR per person)
- Entry/Admission - Karlstejn Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karlstejn Castle, Statni hrad Karlstejn, Karlstejn 267 18 Czech Republic
Your private guide and driver will pick you up at your Prague place. After 45 min of comfortable drive you reach Karlstejn village. Starting from there you walk up to the castle about 20 min (horse cab also available for extra cost). After exploring some courtyards you will enjoy guided tour in the Imperial Palace that was the seat of the king, his court and noblewomen (joining a group, admission 13 EUR for basic 1h tour; 30 EUR for 1,5h exclusive tour - reservation in advance required).
The castle was built by Bohemian king and Roman caesar Charles IV. who was so humble that the highest and the most sacred place (Holy Cross Chapel) was entered only barefoot. The Chapel is decorated by 129 paintings as an exceptional storage of crown jewels and also holy relics (the exclusive tour).
This unique place is full of stories and legends. One of them says that the castle was built only for secular and sacred purposes of the king, therefore to be able to meditate, women were forbidden from entering.
After castle tour you taste traditional Czech lunch (included) away from tourist traps.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Karlstejn, Karlstejn, Central Bohemian Region, Bohemia
After castle tour walk through the Karlstejn village and taste traditional Czech lunch (included) away from tourist traps.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nizbor, Nizbor, Central Bohemian Region, Bohemia
Bohemia glass or Czech crystal are synonyms for world-known high quality and traditional craft of Czech lands. Admire the art work of master glass blowers in a Czech glassworks Rückl near the castle (30 min drive). This company won prestigious award of Producer of the year 2018 at Czech Grand Design and is experiencing new fresh air thanks to a new investor. The tour takes 45 min and is in English/German (joining a group, admission 5 EUR per person).
You will be accompanied by nice professional local guide that is flexible to adjust the program to your needs. You will feel like you are on a trip with an old local friend who is ready to give you the best insider tips and recommendations.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Letiště Václava Havla Praha, Aviatická, 161 00 Praha 6, Czechia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/14/2020 - 10/31/2021
Tuesday - Saturday: 08:30 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The transportation and the tour are PRIVATE only for you (except the castle tour of interiors and the glassworks tour). The transportation vehicles are disinfected regularly by ozone (used in hospitals). If lunch is included in the tour, take-away option is available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.