Private Kathmandu City Religious Sites Day Tour
This private sightseeing day tour in Kathmandu City covers some of the World Heritage Sites known for their cultural impact. We have focused on religious places for Hindus and Buddhist in a single day tour. This tour includes sites such as: Pashupatinath temple to start our day tour. Next is the Boudha Nath Stupa, with sightseeing and a photo session. Then to Swyambhunath for sightseeing and watching the area of Monkey temple and learn about Buddhism. Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square area, famous for architecture and learning the history of Nepal.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation during your tour with driver
- English speaking tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
- Entry/Admission - Swayambhunath Temple
What's excluded :
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Guide and driver tipping
- The full day sightseeing tour begins at 9am and takes you inside Kathmandu City to cover some of the World Heritage Sites famous for its cultural aspects. This private tour focuses on religious places for Hindus and Buddhist in a single day tour. Your tour of Kathmandu City starts early in the morning after breakfast and ends before the sunset. The tour covers the following places during our one day tour of the city.
Pashupatinath Temple: One of the most important Hindu temples lies in the bank of holy Bagmati River to the central part of Kathmandu valley; it is listed as a world heritage site by UNESCO. This is the major temple for Hindus. You will explore the temple area and get some insight about Hinduism and the rituals of Hindus during your 2-hour visit here.
Boudha Nath Stupa: It is considered to be one of the oldest and largest stupa in Nepal. It is famous for its design. Buddhist people believe that without visiting Boudha Nath their life will be incomplete.
The time spent here is 2-hours.
Swyambunath Stupa: This religious site lies to the northwest of Kathmandu valley and is famous for sightseeing. Swyambhunath temple is also known as the ‘Monkey Temple’ among tourists. The hillock and the temple at the top make this area an island in the urban area of Kathmandu. This is the best place for meditation, sightseeing and learning Buddhism.
Kathmandu Durbar Square: It is easy to spend hours wandering around Kathmandu Durbar Square. The historic building of famous kings, the house of the Living Goddess, the ferocious Kal Bhairab, the red monkey god, and hundreds of erotic carvings are a few examples of the sights at the Square. The buildings here are the greatest achievements of the Malla dynasty. ‘Kastha Mandap’ is the major attraction of this site which is built by a single tree. The name of the city Kathmandu is derived from this temple.
Departure Point :Departure from your hotel within Kathmandu valley. You will be picked up from the location of your hotel for your convenience.
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 required
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.