Private Krakow: Beers and Cheers Pub Tour
Raise a pint at some of the best-loved local pubs and breweries in Krakow while learning about the long history of beer in the city on this private tour. In between beers and bites, explore the Old Town off the beaten path, discovering hidden corners most visitors never find, and delve headlong into beer culture in Krakow.
per adult from
180 to 210 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide, variety of Polish pub snacks and local street food, 6 to 7 samples of different Polish beers (exact number of beers may vary depending on what’s available, but we will ensure the value remains consistent)
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities for your guide.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Krakow Urban Adventures, Maly Rynek 4 Bonobo Cafe, Krakow 31-041 Poland
Culture, history and beer blend seamlessly in this unique journey through Krakow’s beer-drinking past, which goes all the way back to medieval times. Old Krakow was based on good brews, and medieval townsfolk would drink more beer than what gets consumed today, and had even more breweries in town than there are now.
This private tour into the city’s beer-drinking history starts at the area of the Main Square of Krakow, close to the university district in the city’s Old Town. The university here is the oldest in Poland and one of the oldest universities in Central Europe. We’ll walk through the historic grounds on the way to our first stop, a sailor’s tavern with many old traditions and a lot of stories to tell. And since this wouldn’t be a beer tour without, well, drinking beer, we’ll sample some goods. You’ll get a chance to try three different kinds of beer and a traditional Polish snack called zapiekanka, an open-face sandwich topped with sautéed mushrooms and melted cheese.
From here our path will lead us along the outskirts of the Old Town, skipping crowded streets and bars for more a much more local experience. After a short walk, you’ll be drinking delicious Polish craft beer — but not in a setting you might be used to. If you’ve never sipped beer in a medieval cellar, this is your chance! We’ll try their unique beer and learn about life in medieval Krakow.
As we continue the tour, we’ll be passing the only original medieval gate in Krakow towards our next point, an historic brewery where you’ll get a chance to try three different kinds of beer produced on-site, paired with onion rings and chips. While drinking, we’ll learn more about the brewing process and get to see how the beer is made, from the malt to the final product.
After all that walking and beer sampling, if you are still hungry and in the mood of discovering more, we would invite you to have one last snack. We’ll make our way to a little spot that locals love, where you can try the best fried sausages in Krakow. They’re sold from an old communist car and available all night long.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at your hotel
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Private tour, available on request.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.