Private Lima Overview - A Focus on Culture
If you are looking for an itinerary that covers all of Lima's main attractions in just one day, but you can do without the museums, then look no further! This full-day tour offers you the very best Lima has to offer with a focus primarily on the culture, gastronomy and people of Lima. With a mix of the must sees, along with off the beaten path stops, this private tour leaves you with a complete overview of five distinctly different districts throughout Lima. Tour with us, and get to know the colorful, flavorful and fun side of this amazing city!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Food tasting (fruits and snacks during local market portion of tour)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from districts of San Isidro, Miraflores & Barranco - all others please see: Exclusions)
What's excluded :
- Lunch (s/. s/. 40 - s/. 60 per person including principal plate and refreshment)
- Ice creams if opted for during Barranco portion of tour (s/. 7 - s/. 10)
- Transportation from Airport of Port of Callao (Additional $50.00 USD paid in cash the day of tour.)
- Entry/Admission - Huaca Pucllana
- Entry/Admission - Museo Convento San Francisco y Catacumbas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercado nro 1 de Surquillo, Av. Paseo de la Republica, Lima Peru
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Huaca Pucllana, Calle General Borgono s/n, cuadra 8, Lima 15074 Peru
A brief stop to observe Lima's most famous solid pyramid used as a ceremonial site for the Lima culture during the years of 200 to 700 AD. A full tour of the site is not taken, only observed from the outside
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza San Martin, Lima Peru
Our first stop on the historic city-center portion of our tour. Here we recognize one of Peru's most well-known liberators, Jose de San Martin.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museo Convento San Francisco y Catacumbas, Plaza San Francisco Jirón Lampa y Ancash, Lima 15001 Peru
Also known as the St. Francis Monastery in English, the church and convent were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1991. We will briefly observe the convent from outside as well as have the opportunity to step into the church and observe the surroundings. A full tour of the Convent and Catacombs is not offered on this overview itinerary.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas (Plaza Mayor), Jr. Junin and Jr. Carabaya, Lima Peru
Here we will spend a few minutes in the heart of Lima. The Plaza de Armas is home to the Presidential Palace, Arch Bishop's Palace, Cathedral and Municipal buildings and can oftentimes be a lively place filled with people and various forms of entertainment.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Parque El Olivar, Av. Los Incas, Lima 15073 Peru
Returning from Lima we will pass through the Parque de Olivar where you will gaze upon a 400+ year old olive grove set in the middle of the contemporary neighborhood of San Isidro.
Stop At: El Parque del Amor, Malecon de la Reserva Miraflores, Lima 18 Peru
An artistic park located on the sea-side cliffs of Miraflores. Observe the para gliders sailing over head and local young couples strolling along the paths dedicated to lovers everywhere. A great place to snap a quick photo of you and a loved one!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Barranco, Lima Peru
We will finish up our day with a walk through Barranco, known for its bohemian culture and festivities. Filled with street vendors, musicians and performers you will once again note a different atmosphere from that of other districts we have visited throughout the day. Of special note will be the bright and colorful works of graffiti art you will see as you stroll along.
If you are up for it, we will even take you to try the best artisan ice creams around. The selection set before you will be difficult, traditional gelato as well as local fruits that have been incorporated into delicious sorbet flavors will be among the many options to choose from… but don’t worry, sample requests are welcome!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Morro Solar, Chorillos, Lima Peru
Sitting at roughly 251 meters above sea level, you will get a wonderful view of the Pacific Coastline, Chorrillos Bay an the Shanty towns below. Often overlooked on other tours, this can be the highlight of ours!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any location in Metropolitan Lima, however, if outside of the center of Lima, Miraflores, San Isidro or Barranco, there will be an additional charge to be paid to your guide directly on the day of the tour, in US Dollars, cash payment. Rates from the Airport (including the Wyndham Costa del Sol & Holiday Inn Hotels):Groups of 2-6 persons - $80.00 US DollarsGroups of 7+ persons - $100.00 US DollarsRates from the Port of Callao – Front Gate (includes pick up from the Port and drop off to the Port of the Lima Airport)*If you are disembarking with luggage, you must contact the local provider to inform them of the number of pieces of luggage you will have and they will determine the vehicle/price for you.Groups of 2-6 persons - $80.00 US DollarsGroups of 7+ persons - $100.00 US DollarsPier side pick-up from Port of Callao - Please contact local provider for rate.Airports
- J Chavez Intl Airport, Lima Peru
- Port of Callao
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.