Private Local Artisans and Pachacamac Tour
After pick-up, you travel for about 45 minutes through a changing landscape until arriving to what was for more than 1500 years the main sanctuary of the Andean coast, the archeological site of Pachacamac. First, you'll have a look at the modern Pachacamac museum with various artefacts of the different cultures that used to occupy this sanctuary. Then, you'll explore this immense archeological site, which consists of the remains of more than 50 temples and other buildings.
Afterwards, you'll head to a local community of artisans nearby. The first thing you'll do there is have lunch at the house of a local artisan family. On the menu is a great local experience and delicious homemade typical Peruvian lunch. After entertaining you at lunch with some of his many stories, our funny host will show you his ceramics workshop. He will also take you to workshops of his talented fellow artisans, who make other types of Peruvian handicrafts, such as rugs and textile.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Contribution to the artisan's cooperative
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Sitio y Santuario Arqueologico de Pachacamac
- Entry/Admission - Ichimay Wari
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs bought at the artisans' workshops
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo de Sitio y Santuario Arqueologico de Pachacamac, Antigua Carretera Panamericana Sur Km.31.5, Lurin Peru
Without a doubt, Pachacamac is one of the most important archaeological sites of coastal Peru. It contains elements dating back as far as 200 AD. Because each succeeding culture added their own temples, there are remains belonging to different ancient cultures from pre-Inca and Inca times. Today, Pachacamac shelters the remains of more than 50 temples making it the largest archaeological complex in Lima.
On this Pachacamac tour, your guide will first show you around the museum with the many artefacts found during archeological excavations. Then, the driver will take you around this huge site with stops at the different sights. At some stops, you'll need to walk around a bit to have a good look at the remains of the temples. Besides the archeological remains, you will be amazed by the great views of the surrounding area including the Pacific Ocean. It is hard to believe this is so close to the metropolitan city of Lima.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ichimay Wari, Barrio del Artesano Jr. Jorge Chavez Mz. 22-A Lote 9, Lurin 15800 Peru
After the Pachacamac tour, you'll head to a close-by local neighborhood that houses many artisans from the area of Ayacucho. These people fled the violence of the guerrilla war of the 1980’s and 1990’s by moving to the outskirts of Lima. The guide will tell you more about this terrible period in Peru.
In this neighborhood, local artisans continue to make the traditional handicrafts and art from Ayacucho. Before you'll visit some of their workshops, you'll have lunch with one of these local artisan families in their home. With a full stomach, you'll visit a few workshops where they make textiles, ceramics and other beautiful typical Peruvian handicrafts. The artisans love to show you their work and explain how they make these pieces of art. In a place where the government is mostly absent, these people have built their own community and are developing and maintaining the local economy with their traditions and art. They are working hard to keep their traditions alive.
Certainly, you will leave this place very inspired and perhaps even with a few authentic and fair-trade souvenirs (completely optional of course).
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The guide will meet you at the reception area of your hotel.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Comfortable, closed walking shoes or sneakers recommended
- Please bring sunscreen, hat and a bottle of water from October to May
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please dress appropriate for cooler weather and slight drizzle from June to October
- Please confirm pick-up location at time of booking (hotel and address)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.