Private Mandalay and Bago 6 days 5 nights
Be prepared to be amazed. This is a very typical Myanmar cruise. We start sailing from Mandalay through the heart of central dry plain, small villages, historical famous cities, trace back old British lifestyle in the colonial town of George Orwell’s famous book “Burmese Days”. Sail along the Scenic landscape, experience simple life style, wonder around the monuments rich in history. We will bring you to small villages and towns where time stands still and see means of agriculture and manufacturing mostly done by hand just as in old bible. Most places we visit are far away from the modern civilization. Since its predominant religion is Buddhism and we will find old monasteries and temples, we will take time to enjoy historically valuable sites and the simple art of Myanmar.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 5 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Day 1 Mandalay – BhamoIn the morning board on board Metta cruise and set sail over the mighty river. After an hour our first stop will be made at the Mingun Village. Walk in the famous village Continue to the HSINBYUME pagoda and the unfinished MINGUN pagoda built as one of the world’s largest chedis by King Bodaw Paya.Continue the cruise up the river. Lunch on board. Visit a local village call Myaezun where, if luck be in your side, Ayerwaddy dolphins roam around in different seasons.Overnight sleep in a village before we approach Nwe Nyein.Dinner on Board.Day 2 Nwe Nyein Village - Hanlin - Kyauk MyaungAfter breakfast on board, explore famous pottery village, Nwe Nyein. Wonder around the village and gain an insightful knowledge of pottery and glazing methods. Continue ashore to one of the most ancient civilizations of Pyu era in Myanmar, a village call Hanlin. Visit Archeological Museum, excavations, the graveyards, silver coins, inscriptions written in Pyu script and bronze ornaments. According to the archaeological findings, the Pyu ancient people lived during the 2nd century BC until 9th century AD trading with China and India and spoke Tibeto-Burma languages.Come back to the cruise and have lunch and set sail.Dinner on board.Day 3 Thebeik Kyin - TagaungAfter breakfast on board, sit back in a deckchair as the cruise heads through the THIRD DEFILE of the Ayeyarwaddy Gorges. Shortly after lunch, T Take a walk through the rather poor town with its unusual Nat shrine and a small market.Breakfast, Lunch, dinner and overnight stay on board. Dock near TAGAUNG.Day 4 Tigyaing - KathaIn the morning, continue sailing up to where we make a visit, a small town largely rely on the river transport.Cruise on to KATHA, a beautiful town with an interesting market and friendly people. Katha is well known from the book ?Burmese Days? written by George Orwell. Sit back in a deckchair and observe the diverse river life. Teakwood and bamboo rafts, gold prospectors, cargo boats dating from the colonial times, the government ferry and faster private passenger boats.Lunch, dinner and overnight stay on board. Dock on a sand bank.Day 5 Katha - SinkanAfter breakfast, We continue sailing upstream and after passing the little town of Shwegu we enter the dramatic.In the late afternoon, we arrive at Sin kan Village,Breakfast, Lunch, dinner and overnight stay on board. Dock on a sand bank.Day 6 Sinkan - BhamoSet sail in the morning. We arrive at Bhamo in the afternoon. Afternoon walking tour of the town, and important trading post located just 50 miles from the Chinese border. Visit the colorful local market Roam around the beautiful town sitting back in a trishaw ( bicycle taxi) and pass lovely wooden colonial buildings until you arrive at a large bamboo bridge and Shwe Kina Pagoda. Transfer to your hotel or Airport.
Departure Point :Mandalay Hill Resort
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.