Private Mandalay Excursion to Amarapura Half Day Guided tour
This half-day-trip Mandalay allow you to explore Amarapura, you will have chance to see the famous Buddhist monastery of Mahagandayon, longest teak-wood bridge the world, 200 year old U Bein and the Bagaya Monastery…
Location: Mandalay, Myanmar
Duration: 4 hours (approx.) – half day
Start/End: your hotel in Mandalay
Highlights of this tour:
• Buddhist monastery of Mahagandayon
• 200 year old U Bein
• Bagaya Monastery
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Mandalay is well known for its cultural, traditional, and spiritual splendor but also for its exquisite handicraft such as embroidery, gold leaf, wood, stone carving, bronze casting etc…
Nearby Mandalay stand several old capitals such as Amapura, Sagaing, Ava, Mingun where the Kongboung dynasty kings established their capitals.
You tour starts from your hotel in Mandalay, then drive 15 km (haft an hour) to Amarapura from Mandalay. Visit the famous Buddhist monastery of Mahagandayon, where usually there are more than a thousand monks live and study.
Then heading to longest teak bridge which 200 year old U Bein, built in 1782 at the time when Amarapura was Royal capital. Since then it is noted for silk- and cotton weaving. Visit a traditional hand-woven silk workshop.Continue to see Bagaya Monastery, with a superb collection of Buddha statues. Return to Mandalay, trip ends. Today you lunch is excluded.
Departure Point :Hotel in Yangon
Departure Time :08h00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.