Private Market Tour and Cooking Class with a Casablanca Local with Transfers
Enjoy a private and authentic market tour and cooking class in a local Casablanca home with your host Maria. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. You will be picked up from your Casablanca hotel and driven to the local market where you will discover regional Moroccan produce and spices. After your market tour, Maria will drive you to her luxurious home for your cooking class in her kitchen. Here, you will learn to cook 2-3 traditional Moroccan dishes from Maria's family recipes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together. Growing up in a large Moroccan family required you to help around in the kitchen, and that is how Maria learned to cook. She fondly remembers her grandmother teaching her family recipes and classics like lamb tagine with cardoon during Maria's school vacation. Maria recently retired and uses her time to pursue her passion for cooking and sharing her culture and cuisine with guests from all over the world.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Maria
- Home-cooked meal
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Any purchases you'd like to make at the market to take back to your home
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Traveling Spoon, Casablanca 20210 Morocco
This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Your host Maria picks you up from your Casablanca hotel and drives you to the local souk (market). After a refreshing drink, Maria will help you navigate this local Casablanca market that can be overwhelming to explore on your own. Discover where Maria shops for fresh produce and meat and sniff the spices that are on offer. Sample a few local Moroccan fruits and snacks before driving to Maria's for your cooking class. Maria lives in a modern, luxurious villa in a gated community in a suburb of Casablanca. She will welcome you in with Moroccan mint tea and, while you sip on this traditional welcome drink of Morocco, share stories about life in Morocco, its history, culture and cuisine. Next join Maria in her kitchen to prepare her favorite family recipes during a hands-on cooking class. You’ll cook together for about an hour and will learn to make authentic Moroccan dishes such as chicken tagine and a chickpea and couscous salad, before enjoying the dishes you helped prepare. Your meal will also include other dishes prepared by Maria in advance such as harira (a traditional soup) and pastille (a type of Moroccan meat pie, filled with spiced meat and apricots) served with homemade bread. Your meal will conclude with a dessert such as oranges with cinnamon or cake.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Maria will pick you up from the concierge desk of your Casablanca hotel and drop you off at the end of your private cultural and culinary experience.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please include your hotel name and address when making your booking
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Notes: Maria can offer vegetarian and halal meals on request.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to experience
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.