Private Market Tour and Hands-On Home Cooking With a Local in Mexico City
Meet Lucía, a culinary expert, at Mercado San Angel, a bustling covered market filled with everything you need to make a traditional Mexican meal at home. Lucía will teach you about the local products on offer - from farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, to dried chilies and spices, to flowers and handicrafts.
After exploring the market together you will take a taxi to Lucia’s home to begin your cooking lesson. During this experience, you will cook authentic Mexican dishes with your host Lucía in her spacious home kitchen and learn some of her favorite cooking tips and techniques! Lucía is a gastronomic historican and can cook a wide variety of Mexican dishes, from traditional family recipes passed down through generations of home cooks, to modern dishes using fresh, local ingredients.
Your menu will be based on the season and might include dishes such as albondigas en salsa de chile chipotle mecos (meatballs in a smoked chili sauce) and sopa de nopalitos to name a few.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Lucia
- Alcoholic Beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine.Meet Lucía at Mercado San Angel, a bustling covered market filled with everything you need to make a traditional meal at home. During this Mexico City market tour Lucía will teach you about the local products on offer, from farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, to dried chilies and spices, to flowers and handicrafts. After exploring the market together you will take a taxi to Lucia’s home to begin your cooking lesson.
Learn to cook authentic Mexican dishes with Lucía in this Mexico City cooking class. Lucía can cook a wide variety of Mexican dishes, from traditional family recipes passed down through generations of home cooks, to modern dishes using fresh, local ingredients. Cook together with Lucía and learn some of her favorite cooking tips and techniques. Note that Lucía can offer both a hands-on cooking class or a cooking demonstration in which you will watch Lucía prepare the dishes. Please specify what you prefer at the time of booking.
• Traveling Spoon, Mexico City 6080 Mexico
• Nopalitos soup in bean broth, lima soup, tortilla soup, aztec soup
• Albondigas en salsa de chile chipotle meco, chiles en nogada, - encacahuatado with chicken, or veracruzana fish
• Chile ancho with fried beans
• Pork in verdolagas
• Mexican white rice, red rice, or black rice with platano macho
• Sweet dessert of dulce de guayaba, dulce de mamey, flan de cajeta, or gollorias
• Coffee or tea
Departure Point :Mexico City, Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Mexico City home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Mexican culture and cuisine together.
- Minimum numbers apply. Lucia has a 2 guest minimum. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.