Private Monteverde Night Tour
Eduardo Venegas is an experienced tour guide with vast knowledge of the local Flora and Fauna. He has dedicated more than 20 years of his life to eco-tourism.
His special interest is for the birds of Costa Rica and has spent many years in study and research of the wide variety of species which exist in this small country.
He worked on the technical revision and photography for "An Illustrated Field Guide to Birds of Costa Rica", published by Incafo Costa Rica S.A.
One of Venegas’ most recent and important researches is about the presence of the oilbird (Steatornis caripensis) in Costa Rica. The oilbird is a nocturnal bird rarely seen in Costa Rica. This specie is originally from South America and is the only nocturnal bird whose diet is based solely on fruits. Venegas has been studying the behavior, habitat and distribution of this bird in Costa Rica since 2010 in collaboration with INBIO (National institute of Biodiversity in Costa Rica) and MINAET.
per adult from
What's included :
- Monteverde Children's Eternal Rainforest Entrance Fee
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from your hotel is NOT included but it can be arranged for you
As the sun sets down in the mountains of Monteverde, a new world awakens in this paradise.
Many species of fauna are more active at night, from frogs, insects, bats, to other nocturnal mammals and birds too.
Have you wonder what happens at night with the wildlife that wanders during the day? This tour can give you the answer to this question.
A night walk tour is a learning experience that you don't want to miss.
This tour takes place at the Children's Eternal Rain Forest in Monteverde
• Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve, 22 MI Southeast Of Tilaran 35 km, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve 55-5655 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Bajo del Tigre Road, Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, Costa Rica
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.