Private One Day Tour of Medieval Romania from Bucharest
Enjoy this one day private guided tour from Bucharest and visit some of the finest medieval attractions in Romania. Explore the Princely Court of Targoviste, the fortress of Poenari and the splendid monastery Curtea de Arges.
The tour ends with a panoramic view of Vidraru Lake, on the high-altitude road Transfagarasan.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pivate tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Princely Court
- Entry/Admission - Curtea de Arges Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Poienari Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Princely Court, Str. Justice, No. 7, Targoviste 130 014 Romania
The Princely Court is one of the most important historical monuments close to Bucharest. The capital of Southern Romania in the medieval centuries, Targoviste was a key commercial center and an outpost for local princes active in the anti-Ottoman wars.
A great part of its story is related to the legendary prince Vlad the Impaler.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Curtea de Arges Monastery, Bulevardul Basarabilor 1, Curtea de Arges 115300 Romania
The medieval church Curtea de Arges is one of the most important religious monuments in Romania. Built 500 years ago, this church is an original work of art, combining local and Oriental influences from the Ottoman Empire.
This church is a royal necropolis, here are buried the members of the royal family of Romania, King Carol the 1st and Queen Elisabeta, King Ferdinand and Queen Maria.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Poienari Castle, Transfagarasan, Arefu 117040 Romania
Next, it's time for a bit of exercise. To reach Poenari Fortress, you have to walk over 1,400 stairs through a beautiful and dense forest.
The medieval fortress, used by Vlad the Impaler in the 15th century, has ample views over the mountains. Its position enabled guards back in the day to observe approaching enemy armies and the fortress was more than once the scene of brutal conflicts.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Vidraru Dam, DN7C, Curtea de Arges 117040 Romania
Take photos and enjoy the sunset overlooking the Vidraru Lake, one of the largest infrastructure projects of the communist regime, on the high-altitude Transfagarasan Road.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in Bucharest
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Reaching Poenari Fortress requires good walking shoes. Don't wear high heels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.