Private: Pacaya Volcano & Hot Springs Full Day
Visit an easy to hike an active volcano. If nature is on your favor, see lava running down the slopes of the volcano. Take a break of the hike to roast marshmallows over the heat. Later, transfer to nearby Hot Springs for complete mind-body relaxation.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to Pacaya Volcano National Park
- Certified bilingual guide during all excursion
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Volcan De Pacaya
What's excluded :
- Hot Spring access (pool, sauna, or thermal circuit)
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- Horse rental / walking poles
- Entry/Admission - Santa Teresita Hotel & Spa Termal
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Volcan De Pacaya, Escuintla Guatemala
Pacaya Volcano is 2,552 meters height but represents an easy hike of 2 to 3 hours depending on the physical condition of the group. We may get to see lava coming down from the crater over the slopes, a lifetime experience!
Once we arrive at Pacaya Volcano National Park, we go directly to the Information Center where our guide explains the geological history of the zone, the trails to hike the volcano and get ready to start hiking. Here, you may aquire at your own expense a horse-in case you feel you cannot hike up and down the volcano- or artisanal wooden walking poles.
The path is surrounded by vegetation and you find locals selling fruits and beverageson the way up.
As we start getting closer to the summit, the soil changes to ash and volcanic rocks. We walk into once was the main crater. Today, there are 3 craters and we see former and actual lava rivers and tunnels formed by lava.
Here, we take some time to roast marshmallows over the heat coming from rocks and pass by a store selling hand-made lava products.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Santa Teresita Hotel & Spa Termal, Avenida Puente de la Gloria, Amatitlan 01063 Guatemala
After hiking Pacaya Volcano, we take a one-hour land transfer towards the Hot Springs of the Volcano. Here you take lunch at your own expense. Later, you have the afternoon free to get a complete mind-body relaxation at your own expense acquiring entrances to Hot Springs pools or Hot Springs circuits with massages
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is available at hotels of Guatemala City within zones 10, 13, 15, 11, 9. Also available pick up at hotels in Antigua Guatemala. Our representative will pick you up at the lobby of the hotel you indicated with a sign saying your name. Upon pickup, please present your digital voucher and photo ID.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not for people with respiratory or heart problems
- Not for people afraid of heights
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- It is the responsibility of each traveler to know and comply with Guatemala´s entry COVID requirements. Some mentioned places may be closed due to the COVID situation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.