Private Phillip Island Day Trip from Melbourne Including Penguin Parade Premium Viewing
Experience Phillip Island on a private tour. Highlights of the tour include afternoon tea at Churchill Island, entry into the Koala Conservation Centre, Dinner including local beer and wine and premium viewing at the Penguin Parade.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Afternoon tea
- Dinner with a glass of beer or wine
- Premium seats at the Penguin Parade
What's excluded :
- After pickup from your Melbourne hotel, by-pass Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs before driving through beef and dairy cattle farms, horse breeding studs and swampland. Afternoon tea will be enjoyed at Churchill Island.
Recognised as a world leader for environmental conservation, Phillip Island’s sandy and rocky shorelines team with wildlife including over 200 species of birds. Time permitting you can view the local fisherman cleaning their catch of the day whilst battling amongst the fight of gulls and pelicans. It's now time to visit the Koala Conservation Centre. This is one of the few areas in Victoria where you can see a protected koala colony. Walk amongst the treetops in nature reserve bush land and see wild koalas within touching distance. You may spot a wild wallaby or two as well. Enjoy dinner in the township of Cowes before proceeding with the rest of your evening.
Time permitting you will pass by Swan Lake, the island's largest fresh water lake, and head to the ‘Nobbies’. From this magnificent headland, the views stretch over Mornington Peninsula and Bass Strait. One and half kilometers offshore are Seal Rocks, home to Australia's largest Australian Fur Seal colony.
Finally you'll arrive at the Penguin Parade, each evening at dusk Little Penguins arrive in groups on the beach after a day of fishing. See them waddle their way into the dunes where their burrow nests are situated. You will have access to the less populated boardwalks enabling you to gain close contact with the penguins without any hustle and bustle. Seeing and hearing about the penguin behavior, and their daily routines is an amazing learning experience.
Departure Point :Melbourne CBD Hotels
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Your safety is our priority. All of our guides have undergone an Australian Standard COVID safe training course. Your guide will assist you in and out of the vehicle however will not shake your hand, not because they don’t like you, just because they are protecting your well being.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.