Private Portuguese Heritage Tour of Goa
On this private tour explore some of the famous sights and churches of Goa and discover the Portuguese influence on the life and culture of its people. Having been under Portuguese occupation for over 450 years, Portuguese influence is visible everywhere especially in the architectural styles of the buildings and the churches. Spend a few hours seeing the legacy of the Portuguese rule in this beautiful coastal town known more for its miles of sandy beaches.
• Basilica of Bom Jesus, dedicated to St. Francis Xavier
• Se Cathedral, the largest church in Asia
• Narrow streets of Panaji's Latin Quarter, Fontainhas
• Magnificent views of the Arabian Sea from the Dona Paula Jetty
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica of Bom Jesus, Old Goa Road, Goa Velha 403402 India
You will be picked up from your hotel for a half-day tour of Goa featuring its colonial history.
Start your tour from the Basilica of Bom Jesus, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Basilica was completed in 1605 and is one of the best pieces of baroque architecture in India. The Basilica contains the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier, who brought Christianity to Goa. Walk across the marble floors that are inlaid with precious stones. Learn about the life of St. Francis Xavier from your guide, as well as from the detailed paintings that decorate the interiors. Head upstairs to a gallery of surrealist paintings from Dom Martin, a famous Goan painter.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Se Cathedral, Old Goa, Panjim India
Next walk over to Se Cathedral, known by locals as Se Cathedral of Santa Catarina. This magnificent 16th century Cathedral is the largest church in Asia. The building is Portuguese-Gothic in style with a Tuscan exterior and a Corinthian interior. The church houses one of the largest bells in Goa and is dedicated to a saint who was martyred in the 4th century for her devotion to Christianity.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fontainhas, Panjim India
Afterwards, take a short drive to Panaji city. See the Latin Quarter, known as Fontainhas and experience the sights, sounds and flavors of Portuguese influence first hand as you explore the streets.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St Sebastian Chapel, Sebastian Road, Panjim 403001 India
Make a stop at St. Sebastian Chapel, where statues of historic figures like Abade Faria, a Roman Catholic monk, are displayed.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dona Paula Jetty, Goa, India
Next, travel to Dona Paula Jetty, and take views of the picturesque Mormugao Harbor and the Arabian Sea that make for the perfect photo stop.
At the end of it all, you may choose to have lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Goa Velha, Goa 403110, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Dabolim Airport, India
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- No strict dress code is enforced to enter places of worship. However, please dress appropriately. Shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.