Private Rice Terrace and Minority Village Hiking from Longji to Pingan
This 3-hour private hiking can be start form Guilin or Yangshuo. You will visit two classical Zhuang minority villages, where unique wood houses can be observed, exotic local culture and customs will be learned.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal guide
- Experienced driver
- Comfortable private car/van
- Trekking poles
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips to guide and driver (recommended)
You will be picked up at your hotel in Guilin city at 9am (if your hotel is in Yangshuo, 8am). A 2-hour scenic drive will take you to the village named Longji Ancient Zhuang Village. You can not start hiking without visiting this village. You will visit a 100 year old wood house and its hostess, Grandma Hou Yujin, and an Ecological Exhibition House, where you get to know their history of rice growing. Then hit the road northeastward. With mighty mountains towering on your right-hand side, hundreds of rice terraces shining on the right, you walk on the slate paths. Skies can’t be bluer, clouds could not be whiter, grasses greener…
In some one and half hour, another Zhuang minority village named Ping’an appears ahead. You first get to a viewing platform, to see a view called locally “the Moon Accompanied by Seven Stars”. Then, you hike around the village to get to another viewing platform, from where a view named “Nine Dragons and Five Tigers” is able to be appreciated.
At last, go downhill through the Ping’an Village to the parking where your driver awaits. A 2 hour drive will bring you back to your hotel（If your hotel is in Yangshuo, 3 hours）
• Ping'an Village, Within the County, Longsheng County 541700 China
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :
9am from hotel in Guilin 8am from hotel in Yangshuo
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- A day pack with sun-glasses, sunscreen, caps/hats and other necessary stuff are suggested for summer season.
- Please note that, for some parts of this hiking tour, public toilets are not easily available. You may use the very basic local outhouses in the village or just bush to meet your toilet needs. Please always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Travel insurance is encouraged.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.