Private Rio Bueno River Adventure from Runaway Bay Hotels
Experience a day where you indulge yourself in the most electrifying moments doing up to two water sports activities in the Rio Bueno River. Choose between tubing, rafting, kayaking and river boarding (Activity cost not included). Enjoy a Jamaican lunch, red stripe beer, reggae music and beach time at Bengal Beach.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Activity cost additional (USD$40 per person for each activity)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - River Rapids Jamaica
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Columbus Park, Main Street, Discovery Bay Jamaica
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco “Dry Harbour” by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno (“Good River”). However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display. There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: River Rapids Jamaica, Trelawny Parish, Jamaica
Rapid Adventures is located in the woods of Rio Bueno, Trelawny! Located in the hills of Trelawny Parish and close to major towns like Montego Bay, Falmouth, Ocho Rios and Lucea! This is a uniquely crafted combination of Jungle River Tubing, White River Boarding, Kayaking and White River Rafting you’ll enjoy. It offers you the unique opportunity to combine any one of the four activities. A day of roaring river adventure while learning about the flora, fauna, history of Jamaica and its many hidden treasures. The River Rapids Adventure offers scenic waterfalls, splashing rapids, picturesque river pools, and even a private white sand beach at Bengal Bay!
Delicious local lunch is available to purchase on the beach. This tour is the perfect daytime getaway for friends, family and even honeymooners who love nature, adventure and fun in the sun! The tour is offered on Mondays through Saturdays. A minimum of 8 persons are required for the tour to operate.
What are you waiting for?
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from most Runaway Bay Hotels. You must contact us at the information provided at least 24 hours prior to the time of pickup to reconfirm your booking and to arrange a central pickup point if you are staying at other accommodations.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Minimum amount of child seats available
- Minimum amount of wheelchair vehicles available
- Dress code: Casual. Please wear comfortable clothing
- Things to take: Cash, Camera, Towels, Water Shoes, swimsuits.
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the customer can be prevented from participating in the activities if they are found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- A minimum of 8 persons are required for the tour to operate
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.