Private Self-Guided Treasure Hunt around Oxford - Towers and Taverns
A fun and different way to see Oxford!
Solve satisfying clues and follow beautiful maps sent to your phones.
Spot things other people take for granted!
You’ll learn interesting facts and stories.
Everything is outdoors and you can do social distancing.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- You'll be emailed a link to the game
What's excluded :
This Treasure Hunt around Oxford will take you on a beautiful route, and send you to fab places, all at your own pace.
Because it’s all on your phones, it’s super flexible and there’s nothing to print.
You’ll have a laugh solving the clues and following the maps.
Something in a shop window catches your eye? No problem. Take it at your own pace. Even turn it into a pub crawl!
Along the way, you’ll learn interesting facts and stories keeping you entertained.
By the end of it all, you’ll have a great overview of Oxford and what you’d like to explore next.
It works like WhatsApp, so it’s easy to use.
You don’t need to download or print anything and it doesn’t need any permissions.
Plus, you get to start when you want.
Play together Captain Bess will invite you and your friends to join the hunt.
Follow maps Bess sends you a series of treasure maps to your phones, leading you around the city.
Search for answers Bess sends you a series of clues and you have to search the city for answers.
Don’t worry if you can’t find the answer right away, you can always ask for hints.
Along the way, she’ll tell you interesting facts and stories about the things you’re spotting.
• Oxford Castle & Prison, 46 Oxford Castle New Road Oxford Castle Quarter, Oxford OX1 1AY England
• Radcliffe Camera, Radcliffe Square, Oxford OX1 4AJ England
• The Turf Tavern, 64 Upper Parliament Street East Midlands, Nottingham NG1 2AG England
• Old Divinity School, Cambridge CB2 1TP England
• Sheldonian Theatre, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3AZ England
• Bodleian Library Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG England
• Carfax Tower, Corner of Carfax and Cornmarket, Oxford OX1 England
Departure Point :Oxford Castle, Oxford OX1, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/22/2020 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Treasure Hunt Oxford is a fun outdoor activity that’s good for your body and mind! The game does not require you to touch anything in the city other than your phone. There’s plenty of space along the route to keep a safe distance from others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.