Private Shakespeare Walking Tour of London
Led by one of our fantastic guides, who are not only experienced tour guides but actors or directors who trained at some of the finest drama schools in the world including the prestigious Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, this tour is not to be missed!
Starting at Farringdon Station we will explore locations that Shakespeare would have been familiar with and which are still left standing after the great fire of London and the London Blitz. We will also explore areas of London, which although much changed, inspired Shakespeare and allowed him to progress from being the son of a glove maker to a servant of the King. During the tour we will learn how Shakespeare became the ‘immortal bard’, debate if Shakespeare wrote the plays we credit him with and explore why Shakespeare’s works are still enjoyed and celebrated in the 21st Century.
Please note that due to the distance between locations the tour will use public transport between Barbican and Aldgate Underground Stations.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guide fees
What's excluded :
- Travel using the Transport for London (TFL) network.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: London Bridge, London SE1 9DD England
The tour will stop briefly on London Bridge
Pass By: Southwark Cathedral, 1 London Bridge Montague Close, London SE1 9DA England
The tour will walk past Southwark Cathedral and will explain its links to William Shakespeare and his family.
Pass By: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, 21 New Globe Walk, London SE1 9DT England
The tour will pass Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and will explain the importance of this new version of Shakespeare's theatre.
Pass By: College of Arms, 130 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4BT England
The tour will pass the College of Arms where the guide will explain Shakespeare's social-climbing ambitions.
Departure Point :Cowcross St, Farringdon, London EC1M 6BY, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/2/2019 - 11/4/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Middle Temple Lane, Middle Temple Ln, Temple, London, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.