Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port to Etruscan Countryside
This day excursion is designed for those who wish to discover the highlights of the ETRUSCAN villages.
From the Port of Civitavecchia you will enjoy a beautiful ride in the countryside of Lazio region. You will visit the ancient towns of Tarquinia and Cerveteri and admire the greatest Etruscan museum in the world.
per adult from
What's included :
- English Speaking Driver
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Admission fee to the Museum of Cerveteri
- Admission fee to the Necropoli of Tarquinia
- Entry/Admission - Necropoli di Tarquinia
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale Cerite
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tarquinia, Tarquinia, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
Tarquinia (Italian: [tarˈkwiːnja]), formerly Corneto, is an old city in the province of Viterbo, Lazio, Italy known chiefly for its ancient Etruscan tombs in the widespread necropoleis or cemeteries which it overlies, for which it was awarded UNESCO World Heritage status.
In 1922 it was renamed after the ancient city of Tarquinii (Roman) or Tarch(u)na (Etruscan). Although little is visible of the once great wealth and extent of the ancient city, archaeology is increasingly revealing glimpses of past glories.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cerveteri, Cerveteri, Province of Rome, Lazio
A quiet provincial town 35km northwest of Rome, Cerveteri is home to one of Italy's great Etruscan treasures – the Necropoli di Banditaccia. This ancient burial complex, now a Unesco World Heritage Site, is all that remains of the formidable Etruscan city that once stood here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Necropoli di Tarquinia, Strada Provinciale 43, 01016, Tarquinia Italy
Necropolis of Tarquinia, called also Etruscan necropolis of Monterozzi, overlies on a highland to the east of the city with some 6000 tombs, many of which were covered by tumulus with chambers carved in the rock below.
The oldest ones date from VII century BC. Among thousands graves, at least 200 are decorated with a number of frescos which are the main core of the Etruscan art came to us so far and the largest evidence of ancient painting before Roman age. Together with the necropolis of Cerveteri it is one of the most important archaeological sites of the Etruscan civilization.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Nazionale Cerite, Piazza Santa Maria, 00052, Cerveteri Italy
Housed in a medieval fortress on what was once ancient Caere's acropolis, this interesting little museum houses archaeological artefacts unearthed at the nearby Necropoli di Banditaccia.
Exhibits, which are displayed in two halls, include terracotta vases, black bucchero tableware and jewellery. The highlight is the Euphronios Krater, a celebrated 1st-century-BC vase that was returned to Cerveteri in 2015 after an extended period in New York and Rome.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Hands must be washed frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based gel • Do not share food or drinks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.