Private Shore Excursion of Taal Volcano with Lunch
Travel from Manila to awe-inspiring Tagaytay Ridge for a panoramic view of Taal Lake and Volcano from the Palace in the Sky. Visit San Jose Church, home to the world-famous Bamboo Organ of Las Pinas, and take a look inside the production of the Philippines’ transportation icon: the jeepney.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of an air-conditioned transportation
- Service of an English speaking guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- One-bottled water inside the vehicle
- One round of iced tea / soda during lunch
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- After your pickup from Manila South Harbour (PIER 15), relax on the picturesque drive to the city of Tagaytay, located on a ridge 2,200 feet (671 meters) above sea level.
On the drive up, visit San Jose Church to see the famous Bamboo Organ of Las Pinas, one of the Philippines' national cultural treasures. Built in the 19th century by Spanish priest Father Diego Cera, the organ is made up of more than 800 bamboo pipes!
When you arrive at Tagaytay Ridge, savor the incredible sweeping vista of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano from atop the Palace in the Sky, one of the rest houses of former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos.
You’ll then visit a local jeepney factory to see how these bus-type cars are made. You may have seen this strange-looking vehicles driving around the area, as they're a popular mode of public transport in the Philippines. Your guide will explain how jeepneys were originally made from US military Jeeps left over from World War II, and are known for their flamboyant decoration and crowded seating.
At midday, stop by a local restaurant to enjoy a lunch of traditional Filipino specialties. Time permitting, on your way back to Manila, you’ll also stop at a pineapple or coffee plantation to sample local produce, or visit one of the local wood-carving shops dotting the roadside.
Departure Point :Entrance/Exit gate of Manila South Harbour Pier 15
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.