Private Shore Excursion to Ancient Olympia & Museum from Katakolo port
With this tour you have a unique opportunity to visit the western Peloponnese, in the "Valley of Gods", lies the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, and the birthplace of the most important athletic mega-event of all times; the Olympic Games. Olympia is one of the most well-known tourist destinations in Greece, under UNESCO's heritage and one of the most powerful brand names worldwide.
You will walk through the impressive ruins of the area where athletes trained and run in the ancient stadium; just as the ancient Olympians did after their victory 3000 years ago. Also you will visit the museum and get the chance to see some unbelievable sculptures such as the sculpted decoration of the temple of Zeus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the famous Hermis of Praxiteles and the statue of Nike of Paionios.
The duration of the tour is about 5 hours including a Licensed tour guide
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English Speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Meals & personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Entry/Admission - Museum of the Olympic Games
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Katakolo, Katakolo, Elis Region, West Greece
Our driver pick you up from Katakolon port (from your cruise ship) to reach and explore the Glory of Ancient Greece at the famous archaeological site of Ancient Olympia under the UNESCO's heritage and which lies in the lush valley formed between the Alfios and Kladeos rivers.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
Ancient Olympia is the place where the first Olympic Games ever took place in 776 B.C. and of course, the place where the Olympic flame is ignited every 4 years and transferred from there to the country that hosts the Olympic Games.
There you will see the temple of Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, created by the famous Phidias. You will also see the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games.
Also, you will visit the Stadium where the marble starting blocks are still in position.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Museum of the Olympic Games, Olympia Greece
Continue your tour and visit the world-famous Archeological Museum of Olympia where you can admire the unique statue of Hermes and other impressive exhibits.
Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Olympia, Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
Afterwards, we will reach the modern village of Olympia and enjoy a walk there for shopping or coffee in one of the many available places.
If time permits, we will also make a visit to the Association of Agriculture where you will have the opportunity to taste for free local wine and olive oil (the region of Olympia and Peloponnese in general is one with the highest production of olive oil).
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will pick you up from Katakolo port as soon as you disembark from your cruise ship.Ports
- Katakolo Port, Katakolo 270 67, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.