Private Shore Excursion to Athens and Corinth
Private Athens tour, see the Parthenon then 1 hour countryside drive to Corinth where enjoy typical Greek wine tasting with lunch (own expense-. 35Euros per person) right on the seafront, in the shade. Bring your swimming costume. Back at the ship by 1700hrs. Lots of fun.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- English speaking driver guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch and wine tasting (Euro 33 per person)
- This tour begins from Piraeus with a drive to the highest hill of Athens the Lycabettus to enjoy a breathtaking view of the city and the Parthenon. Then you will have a panoramic guided tour to the following highlights: Panathinaiko Stadium, National Gardens, Zappeion, Greek Parliament with the monument to the Unknown soldier (Syntagma Square), Temple of Olympian Zeus and Adrian's Arch. Then we will zoom in on the Acropolis hill with the famous Temple of the Parthenon dedicated to the goddess of wisdom Athena (438 BC.) This is a symbol of Ancient Greece,as well as Athenian democracy and western civilization, considered one of the world's greatest cultural monuments.
We shall stop right under the monument, and enjoy the view of the Parthenon in a shaded olive trees area to take pictures. Optionally you can visit the nearby New Acropolis Museum, "Home" of the Parthenon's best marbles and the original Caryatids of the Temple of Erechtheion. For tourists who would like to climb to the Parthenon itself please note they must be able to walk approximately 750m. over steep inclines. Entrance fee not included 20 Euros per person. Reduction 50% till age 18. No fast track tickets available. At around 1130hrs we shall proceed to the Isthmus of Corinth, that separates the Peloponnese from the mainland. Right on the sea front you will enjoy the classic Greek cuisine (not included) rich in vegetables and fish and try out wines that were already famous in Greek antiquity and still produced such as the classic Agiorghitiko Nemea, the Moschofilero Mantinia and the Brusco. After a delicious typical Greek coffee we shall head back to the ship
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Picj up and drop off at the gangway of your ship, or Hotel in AthensPorts
- Pireo Port, Saronic Gulf, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Immediate confirmation. If you wish to travel within the next 3 days you will need confirmation message by us.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide ship name, and all passengers names
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.