Private South Coast and Glacier Lagoon Day Trip by Super Jeep from Reykjavik
This immersive day trip to the outstanding south of Iceland covers it's diverse landscapes of farmlands, waterfalls such as Seljalandsfoss and Urriðafoss, Reynisfjara black sand beaches, Fjaðrárgljúfur canyon, Skaftafell which is an unexpected oasis of greenery and of course the spectacular Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. See all of south Iceland's gems on this full day trip. Travel by specially modified super jeep with hotel pickup from Reykjavik included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guidance
- Round-trip transportation
- Hot drinks on board
- WiFi connection
- Entry/Admission - Glacier Lagoon
- Entry/Admission - Skaftafell National Park
- Entry/Admission - Seljalandsfoss
- Entry/Admission - Dyrholaey
- Entry/Admission - Black Sand Beach
- Entry/Admission - Fjadrargljufur Canyon
What's excluded :
- Hop on this super Jeep tour to discover the south of Iceland and the glacier lagoon. You’ll be picked up from your Reykjavik hotel in the morning, to make our way to the first destination, Urriðafoss.
The tour begins with some of Iceland's most beautiful waterfalls, first is Urriðafoss which is the largest and most spectacular waterfall on the river Þjórsá. Next we will visit Seljalandsfoss, another picturesque waterfall and one of the most popular subjects for photographers. As water flows overhead, it is possible to take a path that allow you to go behind the waterfall. You’ll also see Gljúfurárfoss, which is carefully hidden behind a narrow opening in the mountain. Listen to the deep roaring, echoing sound of the falling water and explore this magical place. Lastly, Skógafoss is one of the most popular waterfalls in Iceland. Getting so close to the base of such a large waterfall is quite a rare experience.
Next, we'll head to the black sand beaches. Dyrhólaey is a curious rocky arch that juts out into the ocean from the coast and is a sanctuary for birds, where you can observe many species especially the puffins. At Reynisfjara, the black sand beach overlooking the ocean, you can observe the Reynisdrangar - lava columns sculpted by the waters, standing tall against the waves.
Boarding the super jeep again, we'll drive on to take in the sights and sounds of Vík, the most southerly village in the country. Its church, a white building with a red roof located on a hill, proudly dominates the modest houses of this quaint village. Then, you'll see Fjaðrárgljúfur, a magnificent narrow canyon that is approx. 100 meters deep and about 2km long. You can see the power of the nature in the massive rocky walls with their impressive shapes and enjoy an endless view into the valley.
You'll also discover Skaftafell, a place full of stark contrasts and some of the most precious natural pearls of the country. You'll enjoy a nice short walk on the glacier edge and will be amazed by the various glacial tongues flanked by jagged mountains, flora and fauna. Svínafellsjökull, is a popular branch of Vatnajökull, which is one of the largest glaciers in Iceland. You can experience the natural contrasts of the region, with vast stretches of black sand and craters which suddenly give a way to huge, bright walls of white ice gleaming with blue highlights.
Finally, you'll discover Jökulsárlón (glacier lagoon), one of Iceland's most famous attractions and one of the most beautiful places in the world. The water in the lagoon comes from the melting of the largest glacier in Europe. The icebergs drift slowly into the deep water and the ice gleams with beautiful colours ranging from the brightest white to the darkest blue. It is difficult to look away from this spectacular landscape. This calming moment is only disrupted by the sound of ice blocks colliding to remind us of the ephemeral nature of this exceptional place.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.