Private Southernmost Key West History and Culture Walking Tour
Join us for the best walking tour in Key West!
You will be amazed by how much history and culture our small island has! Local Guide will take you on a time travel adventure. As you stroll through the scenic streets of the Old Town, you will learn how the island was discovered and became one of the richest cities in the USA!
Hear the stories of the first industries on the island, such as shipwrecking, sponge harvesting and cigarmaking. Also, learn what key role Key West played in the Cuban fight for its independence and find out why Key West declared the war against the United States.
The private tour is the best way to explore Key West and have fun with your own group of friends or family!
Book Now and call us to schedule the time that is convenient for you!
This tour includes a slice of Kermit's Key Lime Pie for each traveler & a bottle of water.
What to bring and to wear:
Comfortable clothing and shoes, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, water.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mel Fisher Maritime Heritage Museum, 200 Greene St, Key West, FL 33040-6516
You will learn the history of shipwreck salvaging in Key West and how Mel Fisher was able to recover 450 million dollars of Spanish treasure from the bottom of the ocean.
Pass By: San Carlos Institute, 516 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040-6553
You will learn about Cuban immigration to Key West and how it influenced local culture.
Pass By: Key West, Key West, Florida Keys, Florida
We will pass by Bahama Village, which is an original place of settlement of Bahamians that arrived to Key West in the early 1800s. You will find out why Key West locals call themselves Conchs and hear the fascinating story of Conch Republic's creation.
Pass By: The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, 907 Whitehead Street, Key West, FL 33040-7473
We will pass by Hemingway residence and you will learn why Ernest Hemingway chose to buy this house and what makes the pool there so special.
Departure Point :716 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/21/2019 - 7/29/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- must be able to walk 1.4-1.8 miles in warm weather conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.