Private St Petersburg Jewish Heritage Tour
Explore the Jewish heritage of St. Petersburg on a full-day tour with a private guide. After a pick-up from your city hotel or cruise ship port, drive past the magnificent palaces of the Russian tzars and the romantic bridges and monuments of the city’s rivers and canals.
You’ll visit Theater Square, closely associated with the composer Anton Rubinstein, and stop by the Academy of Fine Arts, where Jewish painters, such as Isaac Levitan and Marc Chagall studied.
During this tour you will visit the Big Choral Synagogue which is not only a magnificent monument of architecture, but has always been the center around which Jewish life in St. Petersburg takes place.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for groups 8 and more)
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Choral Synagogue, Lermonovskiy Prospekt 2, St. Petersburg 190121 Russia
The Big Choral Synagogue is located in the Kolomna quarter which used to be a thriving Jewish neighborhood. Here you will find important educational centers such as the Conservatoire, founded by Anton Rubenstein, the State University and the Academy of Fine Arts, all of which were attended by many Jewish students and served as Jewish cultural focal points.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: State Russian Museum, Inzhenernaya St., 4 Metro: Gostiny Dvor, Nevskiy Prospekt, St. Petersburg 191011 Russia
Russian museum houses the world's biggest collection of Russian art from ancient icons to avant-garde works. Among its treasures there are also works by Jewish painters and sculptors, such as Isaac Levitan, Mark Shagal, Leon Bakst, Mark Antokolsky, that became part the Russian culture without losing their connection with the Jewish traditions.
Pass By: State Academical Mariinskiy Theatre, Pisareva St., 20, St. Petersburg 190121 Russia
Theater Square, closely associated with the composer Anton Rubinstein, and stop by the Academy of Fine Arts, where Jewish painters, such as Isaac Levitan and Marc Chagall studied.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
- Morskoy Fasad, ул. Кораблестроителей, 32, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 199397
- St Petersburg Port Passenger Terminal, р. Большая Нева,, Санкт-Петербург, Russia, 199034
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Cruise passengers: Passport name, number, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.