Private Stand Up Paddleboard Tour in Casco Bay
Learn the basics of stand-up paddle boarding on land before launching at Mere Point in Brunswick for a leisurely 2 hour morning tour of Northwest Casco Bay! We paddle at the speed of our slowest paddlers and try some games. This tour is a great activity for those who have never paddled or want to have a family outing.
Stand-up paddle boarding is a great, fun way to sight-see from the water. We are likely to see cormorants, sea gulls, osprey, great blue herons, snow egrets, ducks, and we might see fish jumping or a seal. You might watch lobstermen haul their catch and about the colonization of the upper islands.
Paddlers of all ages will love exploring Casco Bay in this protected, scenic, historic area! There will be a break on land where we will stretch and have some snacks.
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Stand-up paddle board, paddle, board leash, and life jacket
- Small dry bags are available if needed
- Local guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
Arrive by 9:10 am to get outfitted with your life jacket, paddle, board leash, and a small dry bag if needed, at the Mere Point Boat Launch in Brunswick, after meeting Master Maine Guide, Alice. Your small group will practice on shore, and then the SUP’s will be carried to launch. Paddling begins on the knees. working to a stand. Your guide will help you spot wildlife and will talk about island living, lobstering, weather, and the Maine coast. At the midpoint we will take a snack break on shore, and then paddle back arriving about 11:30am.
The route of your SUP tour is weather, tide, and wildlife dependent. Your guide will always know which way to go to have the most fun! We follow 'Leave No Trace' ethics during the tours. Bring a waterproof case if you want to take pictures while exploring on the tour. If the conditions are too windy for a fun and enjoyable tour as determined by your guide, you will offered the same tour on the tidal section of the Androscoggin River in Brunswick, a chance to rebook, or a full refund.
Please arrive by 9:10 am so that we can get you outfitted and maximize your time on the water.
• Androscoggin River, Lewiston, ME 04240
Departure Point :Mere Point Boat Launch, 15 Birch Island Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress appropriately for the weather and water. Wear shoes that can get wet and stay on your feet, and bring a hat, sunglasses, and a windbreaker or synthetic fleece for warmth.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. Tour may be moved to a second location for more favorable conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, strong winds or rain, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- A liability waiver and medical information form must be completed before the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- At the start of the tour, Covid-19 regulations will be reviewed. A waiver regarding those must be signed.
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks must be worn whenever we are on land and when social distancing is not able to be maintained. One will be provided if necessary.
- Not recommended for travelers with balance problems or inability to stand for prolonged time.
- Due to Covid-19 requirements, travelers must provide their own face masks, hand sanitizer, water, snacks, sunscreen, bug repellent, and clothing.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.