Private Superjeep Northern Lights Hunt
This Private northern lights hunt in Iceland takes you in an original superjeep out of town to avoid light pollution so as to observe this fascinating natural phenomenon also known as the Aurora Borealis. Given clear skies and a little bit of luck, sightings can occur from autumn to spring. The main 4X4 superjeeps are the Land Rover Defenders. All are modified with big 40-inch wheels ready for the mighty challenge the tours offer every day, all year round! The jeeps are equipped with an extra fold-down step for easy accessibility, luxurious leather seats, air-conditioning, WiFi, GPS, first-aid kit, trackwell, and other sorts of security equipment. Behind the wheel on the tours are experienced driving guides that sure know how to maneuver such big jeeps in the wilderness and highways of Iceland. This 4-hour private tour has a max of 6 passengers per superjeep for you or you group only.
per adult from
210 to 270 minutes
What's included :
- Local taxes
- National park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Free photos from the tour
What's excluded :
- Pick up outside of Reykjavik area
- Food and drinks
- The elders say that the harsher the night‘s frost, the more intense the colors will be. Swirling and swaying overhead, displays are usually greenish-yellow but white, red, and pink lights can also appear.
You will be picked up at your hotel at 8pm or 9pm (depending on the season) and taken out of Reykjavik right away. The direction and the next stop will always depend on the weather and the ‘aurora forecast’. You will be taken to the viewing locations where you are most likely to spot the northern lights. All effort will be made to take photos of you with the northern lights in the background, at no extra charge.
The private northern lights superjeep hunt is dependent on the weather and sky conditions, and the right is reserved to cancel at any time. If the evening tour goes ahead and the northern lights are not seen, you will be offered to try once again for free! If there is a need to cancel all your nights due to bad weather, you will get a full refund.
Make sure you book your northern lights in Iceland tour for your first night in town in order to maximize your chances of sightings.
You will return to your Reykjavík hotel around 12am or 1am.
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 1 superjeep per booking is required,
- You can be up to 6 person in 1 superjeep
- This is private tour, price for 1 to 6 person is the same, you are paying per vehicle
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you do not see the northern lights, or if your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you may rebook for another evening free of charge. If we need to cancel all your nights due to bad weather, you get a full refund
- Please contact us at +354 569 8000 around 5pm on the day of the tour to see if the tour is on
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.