Private Surf Lesson
Learn to ride a wave in Oahu away from the Waikiki crowds! This private surf lesson takes place in the waves of Maunalua Bay, about 25 minutes away from the jam-packed beaches of Waikiki. The 2-hour lesson begins on land, and you are then transferred out to the surf, either by boat or by car. Spend the next hour with your personal instructor as you pop up and ride the waves, and even experienced surfers will learn some helpful new techniques.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of surfboard
- Fuel surcharge
- Knowledgeable Local Instructor
- Free Parking
- Rash Guards and Reef Shoes available (limited sizes)
- Entry/Admission - Maunalua Bay Beach Park
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Taxes and Special Use Fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- With departure times throughout the day, it's easy to meet your surf instructor at the shop in Hawaii Kai, and get "sized up" for your surfboard and gear before heading out to the waves. When your group is ready, your instructor will give you a short lesson on how to pop up on the surf board, and you'll then be taken out to the surf break for the ocean portion of the lesson. Hop in the van for the short drive to the beach, where the instructor can help you out to the break or shuttle you out by boat.
Once in the water, your instructor will coach and guide you in learning or refining your surfing skills. The water portion of the lesson will be roughly 60 -75 minutes, and at the end of your lesson, you'll be transported back to the shop to view some photos from out in the waves.
Please note: You must be able to swim in order to take this class.
Departure Point :Oahu, Oahu, Hawaii
Departure Time :Private lessons are available during normal surf class times and other times as instructors are available 7 days a week.
Private lessons can also be given on other parts of the island; fuel/transportation charges may apply.
Private charters/lessons are available Monday - Saturday as instructors and boat are available
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children can participate without an adult, but a parent or legal guardian must first sign waiver
- Ability to swim is mandatory
- The frequency of the waves, height of the waves, or any other aspect of wave/surf/water/weather/reef conditions cannot be guaranteed
- Rash guards and reef shoes are available in limited sizes, and you can also provide your own.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.