Private Swiss Cooking Class with a Food Loving Local in Her Home
Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local home with host Elodie, a native Swiss who loves eating, traveling and meeting new people. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Elodie will teach you how to make 2-3 traditional Swiss dishes from family recipes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together in your Elodies' home.
• Swiss cooking lesson in a local home
• Introduction to Swiss culture and cuisine
• 100% private activity
• Experience Swiss hospitality in the residential Canton de Vaud neighborhood
• Vegetarian options available
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class with your host Elodie
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional Swiss culture and cuisine. Meet Elodie, a Swiss native at the Vevey train station and walk together five minutes to her apartment. At her home, sip on a welcome drink as she introduces you to Swiss culture and history. Next, join Elodie in her home kitchen to learn to cook an authentic Swiss meal. Elodie will have printed recipes for you to follow as you cook. During your 2-hour Swiss cooking class, you will learn to make three dishes from scratch, an appetizer, a main and a creative signature dessert. After cooking, join Elodie at her dining table to share the meal you helped prepare.
• Wallis board of charcuterie and cheeses or onion soup and Gruyère toast
• Zürich style veal - with röstis or spätzli or chalet-style macaroni with bacon or mushrooms
• Toblerone mousse
Departure Point :Astra Hotel Vevey (Montreux Riviera Lavaux), Place de la Gare 4, 1800 Vevey, Switzerland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 0 percent cancellation fee.