Private 'The Crown' Walking Tour of London
Uncover both the filming and real locations featured in The Crown TV show on a 2-hour walking tour in central London with an expert guide. Explore more than 10 filming locations featured in the Netflix hit show as well as palaces and other historical sights linked with members of the British royal family. As you walk, you'll learn the history of this amazing city and how the Royal family have become such an integral part of the national fabric.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
Walk in the footsteps of Netflix royalty on The Crown walking tour of London. Starting at Temple Station and finishing outside Buckingham Palace, the tour explores the numerous London locations from the hit Netflix series starring Claire Foy and Matt Smith. This 2 – 2.5 hour walking tour will reveal numerous filming locations that have been used in the series, their real history, and the inspiration behind some of the series’ most memorable moments.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Trafalgar Square, Centre of the City, London SW1A England
The locations visited on this tour include the restaurant where ‘Porchey’ proposes to Jean Wallop, the filming location for Lord Mountbatten’s London Home, the real and on-screen depiction of Clarence House and The Crown’s version of the offices of Lord Altrincham’s The National and English Review. The tour will finish outside the real Buckingham Palace, where you will learn about how The Crown’s production team recreated this iconic building; where filming is reserved for News and Documentary productions only. And what, according to rumour, the real Queen Elizabeth II thinks of the Crown.
On the tour we will also discuss the many royal scandals that have been depicted in The Crown, such as Princess Margaret’s relationship with Peter Townsend, Lord Altrincham’s public criticism on the Queen, and Prince Philip’s supposed indiscretions. You will also learn about how The Crown is one of the most expensive TV series created, and how The Crown is not immune to right royal scandals of its own.
As you discover both the real and fictions role of London in this amazing drama series, we will also reveal some of the behind the scenes secrets of the series, and what might lay ahead for this most royal of dramas in series three and beyond.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Temple (Stop N), Temple, London WC2R 2PH, UK
Return Detail :42 The Mall, London SW1A 2BJ, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.