Private tour : A Battle of Giants Waterloo Memorial Tour from Brussels Half day
Visit Waterloo with a professional driver and a tour guide.
Our tour is customizable. Here you can find a general programme of your visit:
It might be 200 years since the Battle of Waterloo, but those nine hours of bloodshed and the final defeat of Napoleon completely changed the course of history. The Waterloo Memorial Site is a must-see on your trip to Brussels.
• Learn how the battle developed
• Visit the Waterloo Memorial Site
• Marvel at the Panorama
• Relax and enjoy one of the five beers produced at a microbrewery
After the visit, the guide and the driver will drop you off at your hotel or elsewhere in Brussels.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entracte fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waterloo, Waterloo, Walloon Brabant Province, Wallonia
The Battle of Waterloo.Listen as your guide explains the history of the battle, during which the French army fell to the Duke of Wellington’s British and Prussian forces, leaving 12,000 dead and 35,000 wounded. A pivotal point in these nations’ histories, the Battle of Waterloo led to the final defeat of controversial French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, effectively ending the era of France’s domination in Europe.See where the complex battle plans were laid out at the Duke’s former headquarters (now the Wellington Museum) and La Belle Alliance, an inn that Napoleon commandeered as his headquarters. Take in panoramic views over the battlegrounds from atop Lion Hill, a man-made hill erected as a monument to honor William II of the Netherlands.Then take a driving tour of the battlefield itself, and stop at a few significant sites to go more in depth with your guide. You’ll see where some of the bloodiest episodes took place at Hougoumont Farm, Papelotte Farm and Ohain Road. You’ll also visit La Haye Sainte, a series of farm buildings that served as a hiding place for the Duke’s men.Commemorate fallen soldiers at the Gordon Monument, in honor of Lieutenant-Colonel Sir William Alexander Gordon of the Scots Guards, and the Prussian Monument, in the now peaceful village of Plancenoit where the Prussian allies attacked Napoleon’s forces and won a key victory during the battle.After this fascinating overview of the Battle of Waterloo, hop back in your private vehicle and relax on the drive back to central Brussels.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your accommodation in Brussels Airports
- Brussels Airport, A201, Zaventem 1930 Belgium
- Brussels port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.