Private Tour -A Studio Ghibli Pilgrimage; "Whisper of the Heart"
That town from "Whisper of the Heart" actually exists!
One of Studio Ghibli's masterpieces, "Whisper of the Heart" was staged in a real town; Seiseki Sakuragaoka. On this tour you will visit the hill that the protagonist, Shizuku, climbs to get to the library, the little path she walks up whilst following a cat and the shrine where Sugimura confesses his feelings for her. In the area close to the roundabout that appears at the top of the hill in the movie, there is a privately run confectionery shop where the figures of Baron and his lover, Louise, stand. You will even visit the area where Shizuku's love interest, Seiji, takes Shizuku to show her the sunrise at the end of the movie! The view from the top of the hill is glorious.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Private Tour
- Necessary expenses for the tour guide
What's excluded :
- Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
- Money for food/drinks, souvenirs and extra activities for your own
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- The use of private van
- Entry/Admission - Haramine Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Keio Seiseki Sakuragaoka Shopping Center, 1-10-1 Sekido, Tama 206-0011 Tokyo Prefecture
The square by the West Exit at Seiseki Sakuragaoka Station: The tour starts here at the Seiseki Sakuragaoka station which is the model of the station in the movie where Shizuku gets off the train with the cat. The song “Country Road” is played in the station building which makes you feel you are in the world of “Whisper of the Heart”.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Iroha-zaka Slope, Japan, 〒206-0013 Tokyo, Tama, Sakuragaoka, 4-chōme−４３−２５
Kasumigasekibashi: Do you remember the slope Shizuku uses to go to the library? You can clearly see that path to the hill from this spot! The slope is a bit troublesome but there is a superb view waiting for you!
Irohazaka: Now we are going to climb the slope! The stairs are the shortcut to the library. What do you think is built on the spot where the library is in the movie? Can’t wait to find out!
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: 関戸熊野神社 金比羅宮, Japan, 〒206-0013 Tokyo, Tama, Sakuragaoka, 1-chōme−５４−４
Konpiragu Shrine: This is the shrine where Sugimura confessed his feelings to Shizuku. It looks exactly the same as the movie! There are many people taking pictures imitating Sugimura and Shizuku. There is also a love fortune teller in a “Whisper of the Heart” design!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: WORLD OF MUSIC, Japan, 〒206-0013 Tokyo, Tama, Sakuragaoka, 4-chōme−４６−１１
The high ground at the top of Irohazaka: Finaly, we climbed the slope and we are at that secret spot popular among fans! This is the spot where Seiji confessed his love to Shizuku! What did you feel when you looked this scene? Happy? Embarresed? Or maybe a bit jealous?
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Irohadori Shopping Street, 1 Furukawa, Aomori 030-0862 Aomori Prefecture
Tama Higashiteragata Ryokuchi: This is a path in a bamboo forest which is a hidden spot. Do you recognise this place? If not, you better watch the movie again and look for it! It is the spot of Shizuku and the cat!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Haramine Park, 6-28 Sekido, Tama 206-0011 Tokyo Prefecture
Noah Western Confectionery Shop: There is a rare roundabout in front of “Chikyuya” where Baron is. This sweets shop restores dozens of notebooks written by people who came to the spots of “Whisper of the Heart” just like you. Why don’t you write something down in the notebook too! They also have “Whisper of the Heart” original cookies!
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Seiseki Sakuragaoka Station, 1 Chome Sekido, Tama, Tokyo 206-0011, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please come in comfortable clothing, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc.)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.