Private Tour : Israel Museum with Art History and Culture Combined
A private day tour of the Israel Museum is a rich and fascinating encounter with a unique world of artifacts and objects that deepen and enrich the understanding of the land of Israel and its past.Your guide will weave together the diverse cultural and historical episodes into a colorful picture of the country, its people and cultures.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Landing and facility fees
- The Israel Museum, the country’s largest, has just completed a major renewal, the better to show off the marvels of its Art Wing, Shrine of the Book exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Youth Wing, Archaeology, Judaica and Jewish Ethnography. The art garden designed by Isamo Noguchi, integrates the Jerusalem skyline with the fundamentals of Japanese Zen gardens and showcases the Billy Rose sculpture collection and works by Israeli and international artists. The Second Temple Era model of Jerusalem is an intricate, 1:50 reconstruction of the city’s topography and architecture before the destruction of the Temple.
Your guide will walk you through the archaeological findings, explore with you the Dead Sea scrolls and model of Second Temple Jerusalem, view religious art from ancient churches and mosques, get a taste of traditional Jewish life through Jewish art and architecture of synagogues of lost communities, and look at the colorful expressions of local identity at the gallery of Israeli art.
Departure Point :The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, Derech Ruppin, Jerusalem, Israel
Departure Time :Mon, Wed, Thurs 10 am - 5 pm
Tues 4 pm - 9 pm
Fri and Holiday Eves 10 am - 2 pm
Sat and Holidays 10 am - 5 pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.