Private tour – Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s with Raphael rooms
Enjoy a private tour of the world-famous Vatican as you skip-the-line and discover this incredible UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire artistic masterpieces from the papal collection in the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Complete your exclusive tour as you visit the magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica and the fascinating Papal Tombs. Choose from several start times to arrange your private tour with an expert guide at your convenience.
• Enjoy fast-track tickets and a private tour guide at all the essential Vatican sites
• Be mesmerized by artistic treasures by Michelangelo, Raphael, and other geniuses
• Marvel at the art and architecture inside the iconic St. Peter’s Basilica
• Discover the Papal Tombs to understand the Vatican’s rich history
Before you start, our multilingual staff will welcome you to our fully equipped, air-conditioned offices.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fast track entrance
- Professional Guide
- Wi-fi access
- Bathroom facilities
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Discover the world-acclaimed Vatican Museums, home to the papal art collection. With fast-track access and your expert guide at your side, learn about the wondrous masterpieces before your eyes. Explore rooms including the Gallery of the Maps and the Gallery of the Tapestries, along with iconic Renaissance works by the likes of da Vinci and Caravaggio.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Stanze di Raffaello, Viale Vaticano, Vatican City Italy
Your tour of the Vatican Museums’ includes a visit to the Raphael Rooms, which contain some of the Museums’ most important frescoes. Marvel at the incredible skill, vivid colours, technical detail and cultural significance of the Raphael Rooms, whilst your guide captivates you with tales of the Renaissance genius
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel is home to Michelangelo’s iconic frescoes that give this part of the Vatican Museums’ global acclaim. The papal chapel still serves as the site for the election of a new pope, and has extraordinary religious and cultural significance. Gaze upwards as you admire the spectacular biblical depictions on the ceiling and walls, learning from your guide about Michelangelo’s incredible achievement.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Discover the history, beauty, and reverential atmosphere of one of the largest churches in the world. Said to be built above the remains of St. Peter, appreciate the holiness of the church at the centre of the Catholic world. Listen to your guide who expands on the beautiful veneer in front of you with tales of intrigue, artistic genius, and religious history.
To fully appreciate the Vatican’s unique significance, descend to the Papal Tombs. Containing the tombs of many popes and royals who chose to be buried on this holy ground, reflect on their resting place as you admire the frescoes and sarcophagi. Consider the Vatican’s history and legacy as your experience draws to a close.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via Germanico, 8, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Vatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours departing Wednesday: St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms.
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list any affected dates as they become available. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Most travelers can participate
- All students should have their student identity card in order to get the discount for the admission fee.
- Please be informed that the meeting point for English language tours is Via Germanico 8 & the meeting point for other languages is Via Vespasiano 46a.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.