Private Tour: Anchorage 3-Hour Tour
Get a perfect introduction to the greater Anchorage area on this 3-hour tour. Stops include Earthquake Park, Lake Hood Seaplane Base, Beluga Point, Potter's Marsh, and Flattop Mountain. Enjoy the diverse wildlife, visit historical sites, experience scenic views, and shop in downtown Anchorage!
Please note: pricing is per tour, not per guest. Order "1" adult for all ages and group sizes from 1 to 13 guests
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This fun 3-hour adventure starts from a pickup location of your choice. First, you'll visit historic Ship Creek where Anchorage was first settled as a tent city in 1911. Here, you'll find a thriving urban salmon stream where downtown anglers often catch salmon on their lunch breaks from work. This is also the location of the Anchorage rail terminal for the historic Alaska Railroad.
Your guide will then take you to Earthquake Park and Point Woronzof, where you can take in the stunning view of the Anchorage skyline set against the backdrop of the Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet. You may even catch sight of a moose along the roadway! Next, stop at the busiest seaplane base in the world, Lake Hood. Watch as local bush pilots expertly land their planes and taxi to their landing docks. Following this stop, you'll visit the incomparable Turnagain Arm and Beluga Point. Take in the majestic scenery and scout for Beluga whales, Dall sheep, mountain goats, black bears, and bald eagles.
Your journey continues into Potter's Marsh and the Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge, a protected wildlife habitat home to many migratory species of birds in the summer. Climb the stunning vistas of Flattop Mountain and get a birdseye view of the Municipality of Anchorage (which is larger than Rhode Island!) as well as views of Sleeping Lady, Denali, and the Alaska Range on clear days. As the tour comes to an end, you'll head back downtown where your guide will point out the best restaurants, bars, gift shops, and art galleries before bidding farewell. A perfect introduction to the diverse area that is Anchorage!
Departure Point :Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pricing is per tour, not per guest. Order "1" adult for all ages and group sizes from 1 to 13 guests
- Maximum group size is 13
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.