Private Tour: Aparecida do Norte Religious Tour
Aparecida do Norte is located about 2.5-hour drive from the city of São Paulo. The national Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida (Nossa Senhora da Aparecida) receives annually seven million pilgrims and is considered the world´s biggest “Mariano” sanctuary.
In this tour, visitors will visit the "Faith Footbridge" (Passarela da Fé), the Old Basilica from 1888 and the New Basilica from 1980, consecrated by Pope John Paul II. There, they will be able to see the image of the Patron Saint of Brazil, the Chapel of Candles and the Room of Miracles.
Includes private transportation in air-conditioned car with tour guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only for hotels located in the city of São Paulo)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Porto Itaguacu
- Entry/Admission - Matriz Basilica Nossa Senhora Aparecida
- Entry/Admission - National Sanctuary of Our Lady of Aparecida
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Porto Itaguacu, Avenida Itaguacu, Aparecida, State of Sao Paulo Brazil
Join the seven million visitors that make the pilgrimage to Aparecida do Norte annually, perfect for those interested in the religious history of Brazil or those looking for a day trip outside of São Paulo.
After leaving your hotel in a private vehicle, enjoy a 2.5-hour drive to Aparecida with commentary from your tour guide. Along the way, you will pass through Paraíba Valley and also São José dos Campos, home to Embraer Company, world's third largest aircraft manufacturer.
Arriving in Aparecida, you will visit the Itaguaçu Port (Porto Itaguaçu), the spot in Paraíba do Sul River where the image of Virgin Mary was found in 1717 by a fisherman. Since then, many miracles were attributed to the statue, making the beginning of pilgrimages and the shrine.
Stop At: Matriz Basilica Nossa Senhora Aparecida, Praca Nossa Senhora Aparecida 313, Aparecida, State of Sao Paulo 12570-000 Brazil
Accompanied by your guide, you’ll be able to visit the Old Basilica of Aparecida from 1888, a religious landmark recently restored and visited by thousands of faithful, not only for its beauty and baroque structure, but also the devotion to our Lady of Aparecida.
Stop At: National Sanctuary of Our Lady of Aparecida, Avenida Doutor Julio Prestes s/n, Aparecida, State of Sao Paulo 12570-000 Brazil
Another main attraction is the Faith Footbridge (Passarela da Fé), with 389 meters long and 35 meters height at its peak. Inaugurated in 1972, connects the Old Basilica to the New Basilica (the National Shrine of Aparecida), and it is one of the main points of pilgrimage of Catholics during the holiday of feast of the Patron Saint, where many believers choose to make its journey on his knees.
The highlight of this tour will be the visit to the National Shrine of Aparecida, also known as the New Basilica, and its modern and stunning structures. Built in 1980 and consecrated by Pope John Paul II, it is the second largest church in the world, accommodating 75,000 people, and also houses the image of the Patron Saint of Brazil, the Chapel of Candles and the Room of Miracles.
For lunch, the tour guide will recommend some restaurant options (meals are not included).
Once the tour is finished, your tour guide will drive you back to São Paulo and drop you off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Child rate applies to a maximum of 2 children per group
- Use comfortable shoes and bring a sweater, the experience is subject to temperature changes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.