Private tour - Biking day tour to Bat Trang ceramic village
Bat Trang, traditional porcelain and pottery village with history of seven centuries, is an interesting attraction in Hanoi that tourists should not ignore. A day biking tour to this village is a chance to explore the rural area of Hanoi. Book this tour with Cyclo Travel & Leisure for your own unique experiences!
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private bike with helmet
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Private supporter
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bát Tràng, Gia Lâm, Hanoi, Vietnam
You will be met up with an private English-speaking guide at our bike store. He will give a short briefing about the bikes such as how to change the speed drive train (there are 24-speed drive train). The guide will then also give information about the biking trail, you can try to test our bikes riding for some rounds before starting our outdoor adventure. Begin your day tour by cycling along the Red River dyke, taking the Long Bien bridge, formerly known as the Paul Doumer Bridge – was one of the greatest engineering accomplishments of the French colony and a showpiece of colonial infrastructure.
After crossing the Red River, you continue riding along the dyke for some kilometers before joining a small biking trail that furrows among popcorn, vegetable and fruit gardens. You mostly cycle on the back roads amidst the wild nature.
After about two-hour cycling, you arrive in Bat Trang village, a small village in the north of Vietnam, is about 13 kilometers southeast of Hanoi center, on the other side of the Red River. The village is famous for ceramic and pottery products of high quality.
Have lunch at the village by your own account (local lunch will be not very expensive, about 4 USD/person, our guide will give you recommendations)
After lunch, you will have a short walk to visit the village, discovering the village ceramic market, the Bat Trang temple, Bat Trang communal house. Discover the real life as you walk through tiny alleys that furrow continuously right and left.
Before taking the ride back, you stop by a local workshop where you learn all the steps of making a pottery. You have the opportunity to make your own pottery before saying goodbye your “teacher” and enjoy two more hour cycling back to Hanoi. End of the trip at your hotel !
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre, 57B Đinh Tiên Hoàng, Hàng Bạc, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up & drop you off at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter for the tour
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.