Private Tour: Biot, Saint-Paul-de-Vence, and Antibes from Nice
Your guide will meet you at the agreed place and take you for a ride eastbound from Nice. You would see three different towns historical and naval Antibes, artistic St Paul de Vence and famous for its glassmaking Biot – it will all take 6 hours. It can start whether at 9 am – it’s up to you. As this is a private tour, we’ll be happy to adopt it to your individual expectations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
• We’ll be leaving Nice by the center street of Nice – Promenade des Anglais and continue to the village of artists, hidden in the hills – Saint Paul de Vence. This medieval town standing within XIV century ramparts has been called the Royal city in past. Over 100 years ago it turned into real mekka of artists – young painters, sculptors and modern designers. The trend started when Picasso, Chagall or Matisse as well as many others were coming here for inspiration – you’ll easily find out ‘why?’. It’s no different today – many yet unknown artist find their home here and you would not believe your eyes seeing what combination it brings: middle-ages narrow streets with galleries, ateliers, shopping windows full of modern art. In case you are into this direction there is more: the world’s largest collection of contemporary arts also located in St Paul in honorable museum, the Maeght Foundation.
• Next stop is not to be missed: Antibes – the first city established in the Cote d’Azur, back then by the Greeks played an important role as located between Marseille and Italy. Called Antipolis in the past still looks impressive with its Fort Carre (squared fort) – massive fortifications overlooking the harbor and beautiful marina. Castle in the old town is today a home of Picasso Museum – and large yard in front of it turns into provensal market with thousends of scents and colours every morning. No wonder why so many people seek escape in that town – 3rd largest in the French Riviera today.
• From the coast we’ll be then heading north, into to maountains to land in stunning medieval hilltop town – that’s Biot. Settled in 154 BC, Biot was taken then for centuries over by pirates, rogues, thieves and even Templar knites. The town will surely keep you busy with its Léger Museum (an innovative French painter who had a unique style of Cubism) or Bonsai (yes!). Museum or the glass blowing gallery/workshop - La Verriere . Walk around ancient Les Place aux Arcades, the main atmospheric square with dripping flowers and stone arches. Yes, this place is truly a climatic one…
You will then be driving back to Nice
Departure Point :Your Nice accommodation
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.