Private Tour: Catherine Palace with Exclusive Visit to Amber Room Workshops
Explore "8-th Wonder of the World", majestic Catherine Palace with the world famous Amber Room on this 4-hours tour to Tsarskoe Selo. It is a real pearl among the summer residences of the Russian Emperors and a UNESCO-listed heritage. Hear the history of the iconic building while walking around admiring masterpieces with your friendly guide. You have a unique chance to visit not only the incredible Amber Room itself, but also the exclusive visit to Amber Room Workshops, world famous for re-creation of the Amber Room, regarded as one of world's truly great art treasures. Enjoy the unprecedented opportunity to visit to Amber Room Worshops and see the craftsmen who restored the Amber Room at work.
Get your personal small piece of Baltic Amber - wonderful present from Amber Room!
• Family friendly
• Tour is wheelchair accessible
• All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
• Private tour is operated by just your party and a guide/driver
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. Driver’s services as per the program (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- Professional art historian English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Entrance fee to Catherine's Palace and Amber Room
- Exclusive private visit to Amber Room Workshop. Special Present - a piece of Natural Baltic Amber
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines. All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Catherine Palace and Park
- Entry/Admission - Tsarskoselskaya Amber Workshop
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- DVD (available to purchase). Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catherine Palace and Park, Sadovaya St., 7 Tsarskoye Selo, Pushkin, St. Petersburg 196601 Russia
Meet your guide in the morning at your hotel to hop aboard a comfortable coach and make your way to Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo) (30 km from Saint-Petersburg), one of St. Petersburg's must-see attractions. In terms of grandeur and excess Tsarskoye Selo outstrip even Versailles. The 18th century saw the construction of vast and truly exceptional palace, surrounded by extensive landscaped garden with diverse and fascinating decorative architecture. Built for Empress Elizabeth by Bartolomeo Rastrelli, the architect of St. Petersburg's Winter Palace, the Catherine Palace is undoubtedly Tsarskoe Selo's top attraction, particularly renowned for the extraordinary Amber Room, a world famous chamber, that all decorated in amber panels backed with gold leafs and mirrors. Twenty four years of hard careful restoration work, disputes, joyful discoveries, deep disappointments and daily patient artistic work - and now you have a unique possibility of once-in-a-life experience to admire this fabulous place. Learn about the unique history of this carefully preserved room, which was originally constructed in the 18th century in Prussia, disappeared during World War II and recreated in 2003 by the hands of Russian craftsmen. The Amber Room is a priceless piece of art, with extraordinary architectural features such as gilding, carvings, 450 kg (990 lb) amber panels, gold leafs, gemstones, and mirrors, all highlighted with candle light.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tsarskoselskaya Amber Workshop, Sadovaya St., 7, Pushkin, St. Petersburg 196601 Russia
Besides the palace, you’ll have the opportunity to see the Masters who recreated the Amber Room at work! Spend time visiting Amber Room Workshops, a unique and exclusive experience typically inaccessible to the public!
You will listen to the admiring story of the Amber Room recreation and see the brilliant collection of never-before-seen items that presents the succession of old craftsmanship. During this amazing excursion, you will see how modern craftsmen revive old forgotten crafts.
Alos, get your personal present from Amber Room - a small piece of Baltic Amber which was intended for Amber room, but not suitable for some technical characteristics. It will be your charm, reminding you this wonderful Day in Russia for a long time!
At the end of your time here, hop back in the coach and relax on the drive back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your St Petersburg hotel or hostelDates: Tour is available on Mondays (see notice below) and Wednesdays to Fridays, not available on Saturdays and Sundays and during the national holidays.Also from October to April the Palace and Amber Room are closed last Monday each month.Return point: Your St Petersburg hotel or hostel
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however, the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- In Amber room flash photography is forbidden, professional photo and flash can influence on masterpieces.
- Piece of the Baltic Amber is for adults only
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.