Private Tour: Chartwell House Tour from London
Enjoy a visit to the home of legendary Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill. Ye Olde England Tours were the first to offer a tour to Chartwell with a private guide/driver in a comfortable car and you will be whisked away from busy London with a short drive through the beautiful English countryside to Chartwell House in the county of Kent. See how Churchill left them and marvel at the gorgeous views that made him pick Chartwell as his family home and also some of the incredible paintings created by the great man himself.
Rarely can any man have been so talented, he being also a distinguished writer and notable historian as well as former soldier. No visitor to Great Britain should miss the home of perhaps one of the most famous leaders in world history as well as his glorious landscaped gardens.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Guide and Driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Entry Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Chartwell
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chartwell Mapleton Road, Westerham TN16 1PS England
We will arrive at Chartwell around 10.30am after which we can explore some of the wonderful gardens of Chartwell House, some of which designed and created by Sir Winston Churchill himself. Around 11.30am you will get to go inside Chartwell House, exploring the rooms and seeing the house as it was when the Churchill family lived here. During the visit there is the opportunity to see treasures and memorabilia from around the world that were gifted to the leader of the free-world.
Chartwell House has a lovely cafe/restaurant which isn't included in the price but the chance to experience a cream tea and scone shouldn't be overlooked or perhaps a visit to Churchills Art Studio with dozens of his paintings on display is better if you're watching your figure. Churchill would no doubt have a few words to say on that subject! Finally the drive back to the starting point and you should be back around 3-3.30pm.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any Central London hotel or if you prefer, from Sevenoaks train station
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Your guide and yourself are welcome to wear face masks and we will keep to the UK law regarding social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.